Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
So, a guy who gets point is automatically playing well...

then a guy who doesnt get any is playing badly ?

Get a grip, he has been great this year. Who looks at a players performace shift to shift? Two key points last night,35 in 37 games, playing first line C. Guy he was traded for lasted 20 games at C and is on pace to score 10 goals playing soft minutes on the wing. Domi has as many goals in dec as Galch has all year. Early, but looking like we stole the guy.

Remind me again what the problem is?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think that's recency bias
I think we were just as excited at the possibility of chucky being A 70 pt center in 2016 as we are about max being the same thing today.

Production over two seasons is similar, idk, I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that domi has been just as good if not better than chucky was at his best.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I think we were just as excited at the possibility of chucky being A 70 pt center in 2016 as we are about max being the same thing today.

Production over two seasons is similar, idk, I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that domi has been just as good if not better than chucky was at his best.

Chuck is never the best player on his line, its a problem that he needs the teams best players to produce, he can’t carry a line.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
So, a guy who gets point is automatically playing well...

then a guy who doesnt get any is playing badly ?
That's how it works here . Don't you know that Danault is nothing more than an average 3rd liner because he just put 2 goals this season ? oh , wait , now he gets 5 so he's now a 2nd line centre

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
That's how it works here . Don't you know that Danault is nothing more than an average 3rd liner because he just put 2 goals this season ? oh , wait , now he gets 5 so he's now a 2nd line centre
5 goals in 37 GP is pretty bad, regardless of assists.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think that's recency bias
Probably...but I think Domi's 37 games as a Hab, playing center, have been just as impressive, if not more conclusive IMO...

Then the stretch of about 50 games spread out over 2 seasons where Galchenyuk was at his best.

In either scenario, the samples were/are too small for me to draw any definitive conclusions...

I just really like what Domi brings on the ice, I just think there's more there...that's not a slight towards Galchenyuk more of a recognition of a player in Domi, that I admit, I hadn't gotten a full appreciation for when he played in Arizona.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We're not talking about typing 500 random words as fast as possible. We're talking about writing an essay. An essay has an intro, body, conclusion and need researches.
I don't know why I need to argue on this lol
Guess you've never read James Joyce.

Reactions: beh3moth

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I hope I don't get roasted for this but Domi does remind me of kadri in some ways.

In some ways yes. Kadri has a better shot, but Domi is the better playmaker. They both have a way of stirring the shit too. The only thing is that Domi can back it up at least.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
In some ways yes. Kadri has a better shot, but Domi is the better playmaker. They both have a way of stirring the **** too. The only thing is that Domi can back it up at least.
Kadri can lay the body but he can't fight worth anything.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Get a grip, he has been great this year. Who looks at a players performace shift to shift? Two key points last night,35 in 37 games, playing first line C. Guy he was traded for lasted 20 games at C and is on pace to score 10 goals playing soft minutes on the wing. Domi has as many goals in dec as Galch has all year. Early, but looking like we stole the guy.

Remind me again what the problem is?
Great the first half, average the second half.

you tell me, by your reaction there's obviously one, just don't know what it is...

maybe it's because you felt attacked cause someone dared saying something not so positive about Domi ??

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I like Domi, but I think his early production is/was completely unsustainable. I think he's a 50 point player most years, I'm fine with that, but I think some are getting ahead of themselves a bit here.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Probably...but I think Domi's 37 games as a Hab, playing center, have been just as impressive, if not more conclusive IMO...

Then the stretch of about 50 games spread out over 2 seasons where Galchenyuk was at his best.

In either scenario, the samples were/are too small for me to draw any definitive conclusions...

I just really like what Domi brings on the ice, I just think there's more there...that's not a slight towards Galchenyuk more of a recognition of a player in Domi, that I admit, I hadn't gotten a full appreciation for when he played in Arizona.

If 37 games as a committed, responsible two-way C for a team coming off its worst season in ages (if not ever) is not a better barometer to judge a player than a stretch where another player scored 30 in a lost season with little focus on D from him and his other team mates, I don't know what is.

I always wonder with Galchenyuk:

Did the 30 goals he scored give him the confidence to start the next season the way he did and it all got tossed out the window because of an injury? Or was there always an underlying concern that would inevitably prevent him from sustaining such offensive numbers -- like being completely lost in his own zone and giving up as many goals (or more) than he could have scored with his line?

Won't know, don't care anymore.

Domi is producing like a #1C, on both sides of the puck. I never would have guessed that would have been, but it is.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Odd standards we have in habsland.

Players need to be good every shift now.

An average stretch by Domi suggests he’s done.

Just let people be excite over winning a trade and a guy producing. Domi is on pace to have highest point total for a habs player since kovalev hit 84 a decade ago no? Are we not allowed to smile that he’d flirt with PPG?
Dont you know, Domi Nevers has bad stretch es. Been great Every single Games

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Hopefully he will be part of the NHL All-Star game this season. When was the last time we had a forward join the All-Star game?

I can’t think of anybody except for Alexei Kovalev in 2009.

I don’t want to hear John Scott :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad