Maurice vs Noel, Reality vs Perceptions, and Inputs vs Outputs

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
That's what he told the media. I saw it the other way. I also saw Buffs move to forward as a vote of confidence for Bogo and Trouba. The media saw it as a way to shelter Buff. Maurice is sneaky IMO.

Maurice didn't move Buff to forward, Noel did and when Maurice took over he just rolled with the same lineup.

I agree about the Buff movement though. I think it was much more about Trouba and Bogo and much less about Buff and his misjudged defensive abilities.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maurice didn't move Buff to forward, Noel did and when Maurice took over he just rolled with the same lineup.

I agree about the Buff movement though. I think it was much more about Trouba and Bogo and much less about Buff and his misjudged defensive abilities.

You're right Noel did it first in an effort to keep his job. But I think Maurice kept it for the right reason.
He always left his options open to bring Buff back to D if needed.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
You're right Noel did it first in an effort to keep his job. But I think Maurice kept it for the right reason.
He always left his options open to bring Buff back to D if needed.

You mean like losing your #1/#2 RHD in Bogo?

I think Maurice has made it quite clear that he prefers Buff at forward. He was playing Ellerby and Postma at RHD over Buff.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Something doesn't seem right. Looking at the Figure I'm guessing the second should be +3.2.

This is the most intriguing for me. I'm impressed by the Corsi/Fenwick and can believe that's on PoMo. But the Shooting% increase. seems pretty wild. I've seen the save percentage broken down by type of shot for different goalies and those are pretty different. Do you put this shooting% increase on creating more of the better chances with a change in play? or are we jsut looking at luck here.

Ya you are right. That was a typo I missed haha.

Probably better chances, but better chances from luck mostly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad