Value of: Matthews

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Problem solved! You are just a condescending person who thinks he is above everyone else. My guess is you dont have friends. And there are ways to chat about someone through....the chat option and so I can guarantee I am not the only one who thinks this of you.
Complains about personal attacks the proceeds to lob personal attacks lol. You should sort yourself out before complaining about others. Stop being a hypocrite.

Not biased, what evidence do you have that supports your claim?

xD clearly.
They've made the playoffs 6 years running and have made it to game seven in all but 2.

Traveled

Feb 10, 2021
Complains about personal attacks the proceeds to lob personal attacks lol. You should sort yourself out before complaining about others. Stop being a hypocrite.

They've made the playoffs 6 years running and have made it to game seven in all but 2.
Yes, they have made the playoffs the previous 6 years, but a contender must make it past the first round, which the Leafs have failed to do in ALL 6 attempts. To be fair, we can consider the Leafs to be a second-round contender.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Yes, they have made the playoffs the previous 6 years, but a contender must make it past the first round, which the Leafs have failed to do in ALL 6 attempts. To be fair, we can consider the Leafs to be a second-round contender.
Thats probably fair but every new playoff run allows for the competition for the cup. They make it every year hence they contend each year for it. You were using a bit of hyperbole, they are first round exit experts but the chance is always there to break through.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I actually think the Leafs should stay the course. They were close to beating a healthy lightning team. If you can move out Tavares, I'd do that. I think that 11.5 can be spent better.

Reactions: Oneiro

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Dude is the best goal scorer in the game and this draft is average at best.

Unless it’s a haul for impact players right now, the Leafs FO would make this trade and be ran out of the city by the end of the weekend.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Leafs biggest worry should be if Dubas doesn't extend him in his last year and "trusts" Matthews to re-up in Toronto is losing him for nothing if he decides to pull a Sundin and walk for nothing.

If that happens, Dubas needs to be strung up. You won't see that kind of hate since Peter Pocklington when he sold Gretzky for pennies on the dollar to the Kings. They had a scare crow out of the oil arena and had him linched then set on fire. Dubas will get the same fate.

If Matthews refuses to re-sign, then Dubas MUST move him. But he would bring in some serious picks and blue chip prospects.

Exactly, if Matthews is already thinking of playing on west coast, in LA or ARI, Dubas has this year to basically go all in.
Arizona could set themselves up to trade up in next year's draft to dangle it in front of Dubas and then immediately sign him long term.

The NHL wants this. I think Matthews goes out West and McDavid Will come East, maybe to Toronto.
Edmonton may be forced into thus exact situation in a couple years.

Save a long ill fated franchise with their own hometown hero.

Are you talking about their team or their arena?
Both, its basically 2 and a half years if they get approved in next few months.
No winters to slow them down, private funding will hire a legit company to do it right but quick as possible.

The Leafs would be crazy to trade Matthews. He is their franchise players. I think you move everyone else on that roster before you dream of moving him.

I think we all know who the #1 player is in the world. I think 2nd place up for grabs. Matthews, MacKinnon, Draisaitl and I think Makar has entered that discussion. How can you deal one of the top players the NHL on a team that is trying to contend for the Cup? That makes no sense.

If he tells the team in two years he is determined to test the open market in free agency THEN you talk about a deal. Not before. IMHO.
If you had the chance as a top 5 player in the league to have almost all 32 teams wine and dine you, how do you say no?

One year of Matthews next offseason would still net a haul but the buying team would want an agreement in place, which forces Dubas to ask for more but limits his options if Matthews only has a couple teams on the list.

He has NMC and NTC or just one?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Tavares is pretty much unreadable

Why? Because he's not a book?

Marner I believe is often underrated is the player the Leafs should build around along with Nylander

Are you high?

Which brings us to Matthews. He was the best player this regular season, collecting the Rocket and possibly also the Hart but hasn't been able to translate his success in the playoffs yet again.

Yeah, because hockey is like basketball and one player is the difference.

The NHL wants this. I think Matthews goes out West and McDavid Will come East, maybe to Toronto.

I'd trade Matthews for McJesus.

If you had the chance as a top 5 player in the league to have almost all 32 teams wine and dine you, how do you say no?

How many of them actually do that though?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why? Because he's not a book?

Are you high?

Yeah, because hockey is like basketball and one player is the difference.

I'd trade Matthews for McJesus.

How many of them actually do that though?
Wasn't meant in trade but if both somehow made it to free agency.

Doesn't McDavids deal end when Tavares does, or within a year of each other?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad