Matthews more Goals or Stutzle more Points?

Who will have more?

• Matthews goals

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Stutzle points

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Not sure but next year Kyle Connor beats them both

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
But Stuzle is on a better contract right?:naughty:
Was Stutzles 39 goals and 90 points last year in his 20 year old season bad? Or is his 49 points in 51 games this year also shitty? I guess he's just trash eh. In matthews 20 year old season he had 63 points in 62 games. Then 68 in 73 in his 21 year old year. He's the only one capable of improving I guess.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Was Stutzles 39 goals and 90 points last year in his 20 year old season bad? Or is his 49 points in 51 games this year also shitty? I guess he's just trash eh. In matthews 20 year old season he had 63 points in 62 games. Then 68 in 73 in his 21 year old year. He's the only one capable of improving I guess.
Matthews had 73 in 68 in his D+3 and 80 in 70 (including 47 goals) in his D+4.

Stutzles was born in January so its not like he was exactly young for his draft class. Matthews and Stutzle would actually only have be 4 months apart if they would have been in the same draft.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Kuz

May 11, 2015

Stutzles was born in January so its not like he was exactly young for his draft class. Matthews and Stutzle would actually only have be 4 months apart if they would have been in the same draft.
Matthews is definitively the better player. Still they have started quite close.

Stutzle has 177 points in 210 games. Matthews 205 in 212 games in the first 3 seasons. Stutzle probably had the best season of those 6 seasons in his third season. While Matthews had the better D+1 and D+2 seasons. Looks like Matthews will have the better D+4 season aswell. I can see Stutzle matching or do a little better than Matthews in D+5 and D+7, but would surprise me if he matches or comes close to the D+6 and D+8 seasons (current Matthews season).

Still as some say contractwise you can argue Stutzle is on a contract as good or better than Matthews. The difference is pretty much would you take Matthews+3rd pairing defenceman (1 mill) or Stutzle+2nd pairing defenceman (4,3 mill). Or Matthews+2nd pairing defenceman (4 mill) or Stutzle+1st pairing defenceman (7,3 mill).

Reactions: Xspyrit

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Matthews is definitively the better player. Still they have started quite close.

Stutzle has 177 points in 210 games. Matthews 205 in 212 games in the first 3 seasons. Stutzle probably had the best season of those 6 seasons in his third season. While Matthews had the better D+1 and D+2 seasons. Looks like Matthews will have the better D+4 season aswell. I can see Stutzle matching or do a little better than Matthews in D+5 and D+7, but would surprise me if he matches or comes close to the D+6 and D+8 seasons (current Matthews season).

Still as some say contractwise you can argue Stutzle is on a contract as good or better than Matthews. The difference is pretty much would you take Matthews+3rd pairing defenceman (1 mill) or Stutzle+2nd pairing defenceman (4,3 mill). Or Matthews+2nd pairing defenceman (4 mill) or Stutzle+1st pairing defenceman (7,3 mill).
Matthews won the rocket and was 2nd in both Hart and Lindsay Trophy voting in his D+5 year. Doubt Stutzle comes close to matching that either.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Matthews won the rocket and was 2nd in both Hart and Lindsay Trophy voting in his D+5 year. Doubt Stutzle comes close to matching that either.
Yeah I agree he will probably struggle to match Matthews D+5. Would have to pass 110 points (with 50 goals) in a full season to be close. Matthews where on 104 point pace that year with a rocket win.

Dont see Stutzle ever being a top 3 player in the league, but I can see him being top 10.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The cope is real.

@ me when Stutzle can win an individual award 😂

Stutzle aint got nothing on Matthews.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Yeah I agree he will probably struggle to match Matthews D+5. Would have to pass 110 points (with 50 goals) in a full season to be close. Matthews where on 104 point pace that year with a rocket win.

Dont see Stutzle ever being a top 3 player in the league, but I can see him being top 10.
he wont need to be top 3 to be better than matthews. top 5 maybe

• Haha
Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Kuz

May 11, 2015
he wont need to be top 3 to be better than matthews. top 5 maybe
Matthews has seasons he is a top 3 player. So to be better than Matthews he have to be top 3 at least in some seasons. Relative to contract you might argue he only need to be top 10 or perhaps lower.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Matthews has seasons he is a top 3 player. So to be better than Matthews he have to be top 3 at least in some seasons. Relative to contract you might argue he only need to be top 10 or perhaps lower.
consistency is more important to me. stutzle would have to come close to being a top 5 player to be considered. i dont see it but stutzle will do fine.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The last sentence is something to hang onto and I can't wait for the offseason threads.

Look it's great that there a rivalry in Ontario but that thread had some Sense fans acting rather pompously and frankly it's a good look on them right now.

Maybe next year eh?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The cope is real.

@ me when Stutzle can win an individual award 😂

Stutzle aint got nothing on Matthews.
Cope? I know Matthews is better. But these gotcha Stutzle threads are embarrassing. Look at the players he's being compared to. Just a sliding scale of what bar people want to use to evaluate.

Reactions: Xspyrit

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Matthews had a full year of pro as an 18 year old and is a late birthday and was physically developed at a young age. Let's not act like he lost development time. Stutzle lost Half his 17 year old year to the pandemic.

Matthews is a true super star and better than Stutzle. But these threads coming at Stutzle like he's no good are sad. He's having a terrible year on a team full of turmoil and still almost producing at a ppg. He's also battling an injury.

He had an insane 20 year old season. It's not like he's done developing.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
This thread is pretty much beating a dead horse, but maybe some people who posted in that Stutzle/Matthews thread really should have listened instead of going on and on.

I THINK STUTZLE IZ ALREADY BETTAH AND HE MAKZ LESS MONEYZ!!!!

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Matthews had a full year of pro as an 18 year old and is a late birthday and was physically developed at a young age. Let's not act like he lost development time. Stutzle lost Half his 17 year old year to the pandemic.

Matthews is a true super star and better than Stutzle. But these threads coming at Stutzle like he's no good are sad. He's having a terrible year on a team full of turmoil and still almost producing at a ppg. He's also battling an injury.

He had an insane 20 year old season. It's not like he's done developing.
Stutzle had played more games in a pro league before being draft than Matthews had and let's not pretend that Stutzle wasn't physically matured either at 6'1 185.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad