Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Even if Calgary was doing a tear down rebuild, it doesn’t make sense to move Tkachuk. It’s fun to think about, but CGY would be stupid to move him.
That's why we are saying it's unlikely he's moved unless we are getting a #1C, it makes no sense otherwise. So basically it'd be Eichel or he stays.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Isn't he done with the Flames only in order to go to St. Louis according to the report?

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
5p in 15 career playoff games.

Objectively awful this past year. Ask any Flames fan.
That includes asking me! He had an average start (probably concussion related), followed by a pretty invisible mid season (probably immaturity related), capped off with a wonderful finish (13 points in last 10 games or 15 points in last 15 games). I think he's going to make you look silly for having such a strong, one dimensional stance in the future.

If Tkachuk stays true to himself along with a willingness to learn from seasoned NHL players and coaches, he will be a force in the league for years to come.

You've always been one to share your strong opinions about the Flames, so who are the Flames to you? A second favorite team? Your most hated team? Close to half of the threads you start seem to somehow involve the Flames so I'm just curious what your fascination is with the team/players. I'm pretty sure I've heard that you're not a Flames fan in the past, but I can't remember if it was you saying that, or if it was someone else.

Reactions: North Man

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think the radio guys are kind of clueless. They've been pushing that Gaudreau wants to go out east at all cost for 3 years now

Pinder and Steinberg have both been taking guys like Francis to task about his Gaudreau nonsense. Those two are legit.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Pinder and Steinberg have both been taking guys like Francis to task about his Gaudreau nonsense. Those two are legit.
I've only heard the Gaudreau stuff from Francis too. I don't believe Gaudreau wants out. I do think Tkachuk would rather be in St. Louis than here. I think that's legit, but I don't think he'd rather be in just any market.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
J.Drouin + Jan Mysak + 2nd+ Jordan Harris or Jayden Struble or Cale Fleury

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield

Tkachuk KK Anderson

Evans Poehling Gallagher

And you re-sign Armia Stall Perry for the 4th line

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
J.Drouin + Jan Mysak + 2nd+ Jordan Harris or Jayden Struble or Cale Fleury

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield

Tkachuk KK Anderson

Evans Poehling Gallagher

And you re-sign Armia Stall Perry for the 4th line
Got any more spare parts, B prospects or cap dumps we could take off your hands? Lol.

Seriously, what is it about Habs fans that makes them completely incapable of presenting a remotely balanced trade offer? I'd blame it on the euphoria of their unreal playoff performance if it hadn't been happening for a decade. Leafs fans get the bad rap but they come in with Marner. Habs fans come in with all the garbage they don't want for a franchise winger.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What report? The report by Shane O Brien(SOB), that was debunked by the local media in Calgary.
So you're telling me O'Brien is as bad of an insider as he was a hockey player.

He should start with lesser known players if he's gonna be spreading bs.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So you're telling me O'Brien is as bad of an insider as he was a hockey player.

He should start with lesser known players if he's gonna be spreading bs.
He said he "thinks", so it was clearly his speculation. But he also knows how dipshits on the internet overreact to anything and everything and that speculating would give his new podcast a bunch of new listeners.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He said he "thinks", so it was clearly his speculation. But he also knows how dipshits on the internet overreact to anything and everything and that speculating would give his new podcast a bunch of new listeners.
I bet he really has heard some stuff from alumni types like he said. Of course Tkachuk would like to be in St. Louis. It's obvious, he spends all his time in the offseason there. But I don't think he has requested a trade and certainly not to just anywhere.

That said, I'd trade him if there was a good deal to be made.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That includes asking me! He had an average start (probably concussion related), followed by a pretty invisible mid season (probably immaturity related), capped off with a wonderful finish (13 points in last 10 games or 15 points in last 15 games). I think he's going to make you look silly for having such a strong, one dimensional stance in the future.

If Tkachuk stays true to himself along with a willingness to learn from seasoned NHL players and coaches, he will be a force in the league for years to come.

You've always been one to share your strong opinions about the Flames, so who are the Flames to you? A second favorite team? Your most hated team? Close to half of the threads you start seem to somehow involve the Flames so I'm just curious what your fascination is with the team/players. I'm pretty sure I've heard that you're not a Flames fan in the past, but I can't remember if it was you saying that, or if it was someone else.

I think Tkachuk has the capacity to be a good player, but not a "face of the franchise" type of guy, and I think he's shown as much this past year. He was given the chance to play with the teams best center all year and couldn't produce until Gaudreau joined their line. Dude made more blind behind the back passes to nobody than I think I have ever seen.

I am a devils fan, but I do enjoy watching the Flames. I think part of the reason for the strength of my opinions is because watching the way this team manages and prioritizes its players is ... thought provoking to say the least. They have had some great players come through that I really enjoy watching, but the amount of talent they have either completely wasted or severely mismanaged is staggering.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I can't see Buffalo having any interest unless the trade occurred when Tkachuck could sign and trade. They aren't trading Eichel with that much risk.
That’s like driving to Vegas and betting the new Escalade you bought a year ago on black at the roulette table. It’s a mighty ballsy move, but your solely banking on Eichel liking Calgary and wanting to stay for the duration of his deal, as well as expecting him to be the exact same player he was or better after he get the neck surgery.
Too big of a risk for the Flames IMO. But who knows. They have a lot invested in Marksstrom and some other vet players to blow the whole thing up. It’s going to be interesting to see which direction they go in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad