Confirmed with Link: Matt Murray re-signs with Leafs - 1 year 875k

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Look for BT to take advantage of the CBA loophole for injured players that spent the season on LTIR.

Don't be surprised if they also re-sign John Klingberg ..

Both players can re-sign for $875k base + bonuses type contracts where the base is the only part that counts against the cap, the rest into a slush fund

Murray would come in at the same rate as Martin Jones last year as #3 depth.

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
All kidding aside. This is a good move

Attachments

• Moe_Tossing_Barney_From_Moe's.jpg
    Moe_Tossing_Barney_From_Moe's.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: leafs in five

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Look for BT to take advantage of the CBA loophole for injured players that spent the season on LTIR.

Both players can re-sign for $800 base + bonuses type contracts where the base is the only part that counts against the cap, the rest into a slush fund

If it's that type of deal then it's good

Reactions: Forgotusername

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

Both players can re-sign for $800 base + bonuses type contracts where the base is the only part that counts against the cap, the rest into a slush fund

Mess spin score: 9.9/10

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

I can't imagine there's the interest to justify a bonus focused contract v. League minimum. Kling is similar

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He’s a decent number 3 option who might be able to surprise and give some number one play for a stretch here and there. Basically be Martin Jones.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Klingberg reclamation again, maybe team up with OEL for a 2010s Swedish retro.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Klingberg reclamation again, maybe team up with OEL for a 2010s Swedish retro.

1719851893033.png

Base minimum salary as expected to play #3 and despite made of glass himself also might be available to play if Woll injury history concern persists.

Leafs brought in Murray with $15 mil remaining on his salary at a ridiculous Cap hit and now the Leafs will get value at $875k as depth relief.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
A contender for surprise signing/re-signing of the day? Here's to hoping that he can work his way back to being able to provide any depth which may be necessary.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Both players can re-sign for $875k base + bonuses type contracts where the base is the only part that counts against the cap, the rest into a slush fund

Interesting. I'm a numbers guy so I wish I cared enough to understand the CBA better. Regardless, there is no question Leafs have the resources to figure this out on a case by case basis. There are other examples of other teams who engage in cap acrobatics which they can draw from as well I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
This one actually makes sense for the team and player. Very good chance he won't be on the roster to start the season though since I'd imagine he will be waived after camp for cap purposes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad