Matt Lauer Makes A Comeback... Why???

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't care about Matt Lauer (before this happened I would NOT have been able to pick him out of a lineup) but he wants to make a comeback.

Do I care if he's successful? No, not one bit, but my question and the reason for this thread...

Why can't these dummies go away for good?

He doesn't need the money. So why do it?

If it was me and I'd embarrassed myself in front of the entire world, I disappear - never to show my face, again.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The annoying part is that all those people knew he was scummy for years, same with Harvey, and probably same for all the others that we don't know about.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The annoying part is that all those people knew he was scummy for years, same with Harvey, and probably same for all the others that we don't know about.
Yup.

I, for one, see Hollywood as a cesspool and I'm sure there are a million stories we don't know about.

As for Lauer... He is supposedly worth around $75M. If you gave me 1/20th of that, you'd never see my ugly face again... EVER! Let alone, feel the need to make a comeback.

I just don't get these people.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just don't get these people.

Some are driven by power and some are driven by their ego and need to be liked and seen as celebrity. It's the same mentality that they thought it would be a good idea to cover Imagine, thinking it would make us regular people feel better.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
No source so I'll tentatively take your word for it...

Typically, people who rape other people don't understand (or at least process) right from wrong. So you shouldn't really be surprised that a person who doesn't understand that rape is unacceptable also thinks they should be back on television.

Reactions: kihei

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
He has "wanted to make a comeback" & feels he was railroaded almost from day 1. That does not mean anyone would actually hire him.
I don't understand the need to "come back". Know that you had your moment in the sun and move on with your life - spend that $75M.

As they always say, "No one ever lies on their death bed and says, 'Ya know, I wish I'd spent MORE time at the office.'"

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I don't understand the need to "come back". Know that you had your moment in the sun and move on with your life - spend that $75M.

As they always say, "No one ever lies on their death bed and says, 'Ya know, I wish I'd spent MORE time at the office.'"
The man has always had a humongous ego (I say that as someone who was a fan of his) & as I stated, in his warped mind he really feels as if he was wronged by the accusations & by Farrow's report.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The man has always had a humongous ego (I say that as someone who was a fan of his) & as I stated, in his warped mind he really feels as if he was wronged by the accusations & by Farrow's report.
But what is the best case scenario for Lauer?

Few will believe him - just ask Woody Allen who's been trying to get his autobiography published; and Lauer will never get another show - no one is going to hire someone who sent a vibrator to a co-worker.

Again, I don't get it. Just start life fresh and turn your back on your old life.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
But what is the best case scenario for Lauer?

Few will believe him - just ask Woody Allen who's been trying to get his autobiography published, and Lauer will never get another show - no one is going to hire someone who sent a vibrator to a co-worker.

Again, I don't get it. Just start life fresh and turn your back on your old life.
Of course you are right. Heck, I would certainly be more than happy to never work again a day in my life if I was financially set like he is. But people like him don't think in those terms.....its very hard for most people who were in the spotlight like he was for decades to adjust to a new way of life when your old way was suddenly taken away with little to no warning.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
...But people like him don't think in those terms.....its very hard for most people who were in the spotlight like he was for decades to adjust to a new way of life when your old way was suddenly taken away with little to no warning.
Very true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad