Value of: Matt Dumba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Wild fans with your over 10 mil in buyouts to Suter and Parise taking a decent chunk in cap space and Ottawa having an over abundance of young talent It got me wondering What would it take to get Dumba? If he’s willing to waive his NTC.

I’d be willing to start with Lassi Thompson and our 2nd round pick.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Rask and Goligoski will be coming off their books, I think they will be fine. They only have 1 critical player to resign in Fiala.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Should have traded for him 2-3 years ago. Too late now, he's one of the best RHD in the league.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Lassi Thomson and a second surely isn’t going to get a deal done for him.

Dumba has never been available for a deal that wasn’t for a significant upgrade up the middle. There is a good chance that one of Fiala or Dumba will be moved out this offseason for the best future based deal but given all of the evidence we have of how this franchise has treated each player, signs overwhelming point to Fiala being the one that’s moved.

Only way that changes if perhaps there’s a deal out there for Dumba that is significant. This isn’t it.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Dumba most likely isn't getting moved, especially not during the season in which wild are championship contender. Also, seems like Guerin sees dumba as the same he sees Ryan Hartman, Marcus foligno in which he signed to deals, because dumba when given alternative captain, Guerin said: part of me doing so was to reassure dumba about his future in Minnesota

Reactions: banks

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
well actually teams had a chance before the expansion draft, wild were trying to offload dumba in a deal obviously wouldve costed a lot but not as much as it would now.

This really wasn't true! Once wild released suter and Parise, it wasn't an option. Wild essentially choose dumba over suter

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wild fans with your over 10 mil in buyouts to Suter and Parise taking a decent chunk in cap space and Ottawa having an over abundance of young talent It got me wondering What would it take to get Dumba? If he’s willing to waive his NTC.

I’d be willing to start with Lassi Thompson and our 2nd round pick.
We don't really need D at the moment. We need center prospects, 1st round picks, or cost effective forwards. We've got Addison as an NHL ready RHD.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
After a summer where Suter and Soucy disappeared, and Dumba named alternate C, the chances of him being traded became slim.

At first I thought that the offer was bad, but upon reflection it's not too bad. Trading Dumba's cap hit is worth something (see S. Reinhart trade), and would free up the $$ to re-sign Fiala.The deal really hinges on how good Thomson is. Like all prospects, it's a guess. He is a RHD, which is good- MN is loaded with LHD prospects.

This is a deal that would happen in the summer, if it ever happened. Wild are not trading away Dumba when they are sitting 2nd in the West. Dumba is an integral part of their defense, and a team leader right now.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Won’t get moved during the season, and I don’t really se a deal that works from OTT’s side of things. Don’t want Lassi, and you won’t be giving up any of your top young players/picks

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We don't really need D at the moment. We need center prospects, 1st round picks, or cost effective forwards. We've got Addison as an NHL ready RHD.

I just wonder if Guerin thinks the same as we do. To my eyes, Addison is clearly ready, but Guerin would rather play guys like Benn on their offside than Addison in his proper position.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Won’t get moved during the season, and I don’t really se a deal that works from OTT’s side of things. Don’t want Lassi, and you won’t be giving up any of your top young players/picks
What MN fans have to come to terms with in any Dumba (or other player) trade is that there is a very short list of teams that are and able willing to take on all of Dumba's 6M AAV w/o sending some cap back. Cap space(about 5M, in this case, after Thomson's hit) has value.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What MN fans have to come to terms with in any Dumba (or other player) trade is that there is a very short list of teams that are and able willing to take on all of Dumba's 6M AAV w/o sending some cap back. Cap space(about 5M, in this case, after Thomson's hit) has value.
With the way contracts for top-4 defensemen have been trending, I'm not sure that Dumba's 1 year at $6m is going to add much drag to any trade returns.

If it does, it'd be another incremental reason for Fiala to be the one to move instead of him.

Edit: The Ristolainen trade from last season's probably an okay benchmark, as bizarre as it was from Fletcher's end. I could see Minnesota taking modest cap back in the form of a depth defenseman, but Dumba's also twice the player Risto is.

Ristolainen (1 year @ $5.6m)

for

Hagg (1 year @ $1.7m)
1st
2nd

Last edited:

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
This really wasn't true! Once wild released suter and Parise, it wasn't an option. Wild essentially choose dumba over suter
well it was true before they bought out suter and parise, they where seeing what they could get for dumba and oilers where one of the teams interested but they fumbled then wild bought out those two and now we are here

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The problem is that the Senators 1st round is probably going to be a top 5 pick and next year may not be any better, the Senators aren't going to trade a top 5 pick.

Taking a crack at it:
2nd round in 2022
1st round in 2023 (top 10 protected)
Shane Pinto
Yegor Sokolov

The issue is quantity > quality

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Is inter conference trade a barrier? If the rumblings are true, is a trade between Winnipeg and Minnesota doable? You could call it the "Chef for RD" trade.

Not necessarily straight up, but Basis is around Schiefele for Dumba. I think it addresses something both teams could use? (Assuming Winnipeg looking to move schiefele is true).

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is inter conference trade a barrier? If the rumblings are true, is a trade between Winnipeg and Minnesota doable? You could call it the "Chef for RD" trade.

Not necessarily straight up, but Basis is around Schiefele for Dumba. I think it addresses something both teams could use? (Assuming Winnipeg looking to move schiefele is true).
I'd be surprised if they wanted to send Dumba to a team in the same division, but I guess it's not a nonstarter.

The problem with a player-for-player trade is that the point of trading Dumba (or Fiala or whoever) is to get under the cap. So it'd have to be for primarily futures.

Reactions: Figgy44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad