Confirmed with Link: Matt Cooke (Released from Wild)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm not jumping ship. And I won't boo or cheer against him. He's wearing Wild colors now. But I will have to take a bath right after every game. Feel so DIRTY right now and not in a good way.

Pass the bong, Fletch.

Me too. No matter how much his game has changed, the memories remain...

Tobias-Funke-Crying-in-Shower-Arrested-Development.gif

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
As a pens fan i will miss him a lot. You guys will love him in a month. He works his ass off, kills penalties and is a great team guy. Great pickup for you guys.

Hollowd

Nov 23, 2010
BS? Ever heard of Marc Savard?

So nobody liked the NHL before the lock out with guys like Scott Stevens or even after the 05' lockout Mike Richards? Most of this is BS if it makes the team better then I'm for it. its better than having seto or heatly on the 3rd line.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Wow at 80% of people's reactions to this...

I'm fine with it. We needed a guy like him after trading Clutterbuck.

A guy everyone hates unless he's on your team

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Holy cow a bunch of drama queens on this board now. Settle down people.

This is a good signing for a very effective third line player. He can contribute a bit if offense, is absolutely fantastic shorthanded, and lives and dies for his team.

Can't wait to see how he plays. If all the whiners quit the team that'll only lower ticket prices for me so do what yall want I guess.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I don't have to like the guy personally but it doesn't mean I won't cheer for this team or say Fletcher should be fired. He is a polarizing player to be sure but Yeo and Fletcher have history with him and he does bring a lot of things this team needs. IMO, some people need to step away from the keyboard for a while,

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
I'm growing to this move hated it at first but last year we lacked some toughness specially when our guys were getting cheapshotted and I remember a lot of people complaining about how nobody stood up for them. Now I'm not condoning Cooke's past nor do I want him going out there and being a goon but if we need somebody to step up and fight to defend a teammate I believe he will do it and brings the offensive production that clutter does

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I despised this man when he played for Vancouver. That's why I think he will be alright for the Wild. As others have stated he's a player you hate when he's playing against you. He's also not the same kind of player he was n the past. He seems to have cleaned up his game recently. Hopefully his presence puts the fear of God into some opponents and our young guys get some space to work.

I'm hopeful this works out, but I will reserve judgement until I see how he fits in.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Oh my god. This is a crazy signing. I think Cooke is one of only two or three players in the NHL I couldn't have ever pictured myself cheering for. I won't boo him or anything... But wow. I do not like him. Welcome to Minnesota, I suppose.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It had nothing with cookie being a hockey player and everything to do with him being a piece of ****, btw what's fletchers tack record on third line payers, kobastew?, powe? Yeah , that's one area where Fletcher had struck out

Brodziak? I hear he's pretty good for the 3rd line (minus one short pneumonia affected season). Mitchell seems to be a pretty good fit thus far as well as a 3rd/4th liner.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
He isn't that bad anymore. You'll learn to love him in no time. He's a very good depth player for any team.

One thing for sure, I'm going to like what he brings to the PK as long as he doesn't get penalties "for being Matt Cooke".

jckd.jpg

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey

There are so any different ways to go with this signing.....This honestly outta be fun. I SO HOPE day one of the season opener they introduce Cooke in the starting lineup, imagine what may happen.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad