Matt Bartkowski

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I don't see him as others seems to do.
Comparing Boychuk to him is for me impossible. One is a warrior that can be capable of playing 4 th D minutes, not so much Bart in my POV from what I've seen up to now.

I still am missing Ference.

Also believe Seidenberg and Chara are aging a bit, have seen a lot of hockey in the last 3 seasons and Bruins need to get a top 4 D to support Seindenberg and Chara. Easier to say than to do and I didn't look to see who could fit or would be on the market in a short or middle term.

I believe that Krug is important especially on the PP.
Hamilton is an untouchable D. Would like to see him have huge minutes and responsibilities in AHL.
Mcquaid must be kept on the 3 rd pair.

Bart is the odd man for me.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I don't see him as others seems to do.
Comparing Boychuk to him is for me impossible. One is a warrior that can be capable of playing 4 th D minutes, not so much Bart in my POV from what I've seen up to now.

I still am missing Ference.

Also believe Seidenberg and Chara are aging a bit, have seen a lot of hockey in the last 3 seasons and Bruins need to get a top 4 D to support Seindenberg and Chara. Easier to say than to do and I didn't look to see who could fit or would be on the market in a short or middle term.

I believe that Krug is important especially on the PP.
Hamilton is an untouchable D. Would like to see him have huge minutes and responsibilities in AHL.
Mcquaid must be kept on the 3 rd pair.

Bart is the odd man for me.
I think we may need a RW before thinking about another veteran D.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I think we may need a RW before thinking about another veteran D.

----------
Unless you have elite offense as the 80 's Oilers, you will win championship starting in the net, on defence and finishing at center. You add power wingers à la Lucic, Iginla and you are on track for a possible ride.

Opposing to a lot on this Bruins board, I don't think this B's team sucks. I believe they are having a slow start, not playing full speed, adjusting to new comers and lines, different combinations, and also different roles (ex: Marchand), but my thougths are that they will need to replace sooner or later a Ference experience guy, and I believe they will need a no. 3 or 4 D.

Remember at the end of this year and you'll see Chara and Seidenberg be on the ice IN EVERY TOUGH SITUATION'S. Mentally and physically it's tough, and they are getting older. I don't think Krug, Hamilton, Bart , McQuaid capable to fill the holes as Ference did in the past.

My thought's

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Very impressed with his game today - I do wonder at times about his hockey sense.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Bart looked like he could be a legit top-4 defenseman today.

Well hes our only youngster capable of handling tough assignments.

McQuaid, Hamilton, and Krug all need to be protected/coddled. Miller ditto. Sad but true.

I can handle Bartowski's warts since he has shown the ability to learn and improve. I mean when we first got him I thought he was terrible but hes been making progress consistantly.

And I honestly have no clue when we'll ever be able to trust Hamilton against top lines and Krug is tiny.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Well hes our only youngster capable of handling tough assignments.

McQuaid, Hamilton, and Krug all need to be protected/coddled. Miller ditto. Sad but true.

I can handle Bartowski's warts since he has shown the ability to learn and improve. I mean when we first got him I thought he was terrible but hes been making progress consistantly.

And I honestly have no clue when we'll ever be able to trust Hamilton against top lines and Krug is tiny.
Miller needs to be protected/Coddled? C'mon. From what I have seen he's capable of handling himself. All he needs is experience. And he'll get that this season with injuries.

Eighty six is going to be here a while longer.

member 96824

I feel like I watched a completely different game...I thought Bart was bad.

Not as bad as the Krug Miller pairing..but he wasn't good.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I feel like I watched a completely different game...I thought Bart was bad.

Not as bad as the Krug Miller pairing..but he wasn't good.

it's usually a tale of two cities with bart. in the same game, he'll look tremendous and terrible. his skating ability is pretty phenomenal - he wheels through the neutral zone and can gain entry quite well. he does seem to struggle against better teams/competition. the up tempo games, he looks more comfortable. the chess matches he seems hesitant. also question his hockey sense, as tmac pointed out.

with more experience he might turn into a really good player. or he is what he is, which is a bottom pairing guy who's inconsistent.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Miller needs to be protected/Coddled? C'mon. From what I have seen he's capable of handling himself. All he needs is experience. And he'll get that this season with injuries.

Eighty six is going to be here a while longer.

Miller has been fine considering the circumstances, I did notice today though he isn't quite as mobile as I thought. It is hard to say how much he will play the rest of the year and into the playoffs. He may very well be a regular next year.

Rebel Bruin

Jan 7, 2014
Dublin
Puck moving defenseman are highly valued.

Bartkowski is a pretty good one. He's also quite physical and his speed allows him to recover from the mistakes he makes due to his lack of experience.

I think it would be very foolish to give up on Bart at this moment.

I like miller too.

It's a tough situation for the Bs front office at the moment.

Do they stick with the new guys or go for broke now?

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Puck moving defenseman are highly valued.

Bartkowski is a pretty good one. He's also quite physical and his speed allows him to recover from the mistakes he makes due to his lack of experience.

I think it would be very foolish to give up on Bart at this moment.

I like miller too.

It's a tough situation for the Bs front office at the moment.

Do they stick with the new guys or go for broke now?

That and we've been spoiled by a long line of above average and great defensive players.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I remember listening to hockey broadcast several years ago now and someone quoted a HOF defenseman...I think it was Larry Robinson that said it takes about 300 games for defensemen, if they are good enough to play that long, to reach their potential in the NHL....to really have a good understanding of how to play all the different situations.

Nowadays every mistake by players is scrutinized at a ridiculous level that people tend to forget the learning process of players. Heck if you watch old video even hall of famers...the best players of all time made mistakes.

The good thing is the fans have more access than ever but with that comes a lack of perspective. The criticism of some of the players...especially the young ones that are learning on the job like Spooner is way way over the top. Heck I'm happy when young players come up and don't cost the team the game...the Bruins young players contribute to the success of the team but as soon as a few mistakes come up....and hockey is a game of mistakes...the "fans" insist "I'm holding him accountable" which frankly, is laughable.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
His impressive skating ability and ability to throw his reasonably big frame around are what makes him a valuable prospect. I think neelynugs is right Bart looks better in up-tempo games and his hockey sense might be questionable in the slower, chess-match type games.

But that also comes with experience. His ability to get wherever he wants, sometimes seemingly at will the way he just snakes his way through the neutral zone, opens up a number of opportunities on the offensive end. Like the goal that he initiated against Dallas (Krejci with 4 sec left).

His skating end-to-end ability also pushes opposing defenses back deeper into their own zone than they'd prefer to see.

At the same time, he is big/physical enough and knows the game well enough to take relatively tough assignments and handle big-boy minutes (like 23 min TOI the other night), which he does adequately well especially for a younger D-man with little experience.

Let us not forget he was thrown into the fire last year in the playoffs and responded pretty damn well. He even scored a goal and while he didn't light it up like Krug did vs. the Rangers, he still proved to be an asset even as an untested kid in the playoffs.

Giving up on Bart might be a mistake. I don't think his passing is THAT bad, either. Miller has been great overall but the longer he plays you can see flaws where he started out playing lights-out. With Miller still a question mark, and our overload of right-handed shooting D-men... i think Bart might be worth keeping around.

IMO one of him or Krug will be gone if we are to acquire the Seidenberg semi-replacement we will probably need. I really don't want to give up on either, Krug is too important to the PP (but can be something of a liability when he's not producing offensively, unlike Bart).

Glad i don't have to make these decisions. Dealing either Bart or Krug could really come back to haunt this team. The both showed promise almost instantly upon cracking the NHL.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Right now his greatest asset, elite speed while carrying the puck, gets nullified against trapping teams. Cant get through the neutral zone. Maybe its a lack of agility and/or hockey sense. Maybe experience.

If he can figure a way to manage that I think we'll see more consistency game to game.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bart had a decent game yesterday. He can move the puck and showed his speed.
I can't see why we would give him up. Nothing much out there right now to help this team.

trudatman*

....Bartowski....
his name is in the title! I'm continually amazed that people want their opinions valued based on supposed viewings of games when they aren't observant enough to know the name on a player's jersey. Bartowski, Millar, Boychuck, Charra, Sidenberg, Krecji, Ericsson, Thorton, Cambell, ****.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
his name is in the title! I'm continually amazed that people want their opinions valued based on supposed viewings of games when they aren't observant enough to know the name on a player's jersey. Bartowski, Millar, Boychuck, Charra, Sidenberg, Krecji, Ericsson, Thorton, Cambell, ****.

Wow... misspellings on a forum amazes you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad