Value of: Mats Zuccarello To Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
The entire reason we are letting JVR and Leo go is because he have a wealth of talent in the AHL that is NHL ready and deserve their spots. Plus we need to free up cap space to sign our big 3.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Even losing JVR and Komarov the last thing we need are wingers. Our offseason needs are a 3rd top 9 center, and hopefully some defense. We can still run Marner, Nylander, Marleau, Brown, Kapanen, and Hyman as top 9 wingers and Johnsson looks like he could probably be one as well.

Pass without even making an offer.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Unless NYR is looking to offload Brady Skjei, they don't have anything I'd be interested in for the Leafs.
Skjei is not being "offload"ed, and is not available cheap.
Just b'c we have 3 LD prospects for mid and bottom pairs + Day rising with a bullet for following season, does not mean BS goes for bs.

I'd want the equivalent of 5OA to consider it.

Not sure what you have that is equivalent value, you would part with, even if NY adds.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Skjei is not being "offload"ed, and is not available cheap.
Just b'c we have 3 LD prospects for mid and bottom pairs + Day rising with a bullet for following season, does not mean BS goes for bs.

I'd want the equivalent of 5OA to consider it.

Not sure what you have that is equivalent value, you would part with, even if NY adds.
I wasn't saying I'm interested in acquiring Skjei, I was just stating that there is literally nothing on the NYR roster that would interest me from a needs perspective for the Leafs besides him but clearly not for that price.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
No interest in Zucc....we can absorb Martin for the time-being, certainly for next year, and if we're desperate, maybe look to move him elsewhere....now's not the time.

We'd have interest in Hayes for sure though.

If you would have no interest in Zucc, you're not very smart. Unlike a lot of forwards on the Leafs, he actually plays defense and scores.

Reactions: shortfuze

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I wasn't saying I'm interested in acquiring Skjei, I was just stating that there is literally nothing on the NYR roster that would interest me from a needs perspective for the Leafs besides him but clearly not for that price.

Bold statement considering your roster pretty much has won nothing playoff wise in their NHL history.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Bold statement considering your roster pretty much has won nothing playoff wise in their NHL history.
Sigh...
You guys are on a roll today.
Notice I stated from "a needs perspective"? I'm not saying NYR is a bad team or has bad players but the Leafs need the following things;

#1 defenseman
#3/4C (defensively responsible)
RH defensive depth

Other than defensive depth, does NYRs possess ANY of the above?

What the Leafs do not need;

Wingers
Top-6 centers
#3/4 defenseman
#1 Goalie

Hopefully your feelings aren't hurt too badly.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Ron hainsey won a cup last season
Polak was in a finals two years ago
Andersen played in a conference finals three years ago

How does his post have any relevance to winning in the playoffs?

Reactions: Brock Radunske

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

[MOD]

Even with JVR and Leo gone the Leafs still have.

Marner
Nylander
Marleau
Hyman
Brown
Kapenan
Johnsson

all ahead of him.

Leivo doesn't make this team.

Josh Leivo replacing JVR? that is hilarious

Last edited by a moderator:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
[MOD]

Even with JVR and Leo gone the Leafs still have.

Marner
Nylander
Marleau
Hyman
Brown
Kapenan
Johnsson

all ahead of him.

Leivo doesn't make this team.

Josh Leivo replacing JVR? that is hilarious
those are 7 wingers, he'll be the 8th brotha. also whoever replaces jvr doesn't have to be like jvr. it can be a person who is effective in other zones/other aspects of hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
those are 7 wingers, he'll be the 8th brotha. also whoever replaces jvr doesn't have to be like jvr. it can be a person who is effective in other zones/other aspects of hockey

He won't be the 8th, I am willing to bet Martin is ahead of him too, because Martin is a veteran so he's down to 9.

Grunstrom is likely also coming over he could be down to 10 in short over

Leivo will NEVER play a consistent role

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Leivo doesn't have anywhere near the net presence of JVR. Nobody in the system does, maybe Grundstrom in a couple years
I don't think JVR will be replaced, exactly.
They'll just change the PP to run through someone else. Probably Matthews from the top of the circle.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I don't think JVR will be replaced, exactly.
They'll just change the PP to run through someone else. Probably Matthews from the top of the circle.

I just think they're really, really going to miss him just because of how similarly a lot of their wingers play. Adds something different for the D to deal with. I still think Lou might work a little magic and bring him back for a year to warm the seat for Grundstrom

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Leivo doesn't have anywhere near the net presence of JVR. Nobody in the system does, maybe Grundstrom in a couple years
leivo is still a big body that can be a net presence. all you do is stand infront of the net. another thing, leivo can forecheck. he's pretty good at it. jvr doesn't even know how to spell forecheck

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He won't be the 8th, I am willing to bet Martin is ahead of him too, because Martin is a veteran so he's down to 9.

Grunstrom is likely also coming over he could be down to 10 in short over

Leivo will NEVER play a consistent role
i'm pretty sure management views leivo ahead of martin, depsite babcock not doing so. grundstrom will probably start in the ahl because he's never played on north american ice

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
leivo is still a big body that can be a net presence. all you do is stand infront of the net. another thing, leivo can forecheck. he's pretty good at it. jvr doesn't even know how to spell forecheck

Yikes. There might be a little more to it than just being large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad