Value of: Mats Zuccarello To Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Assume that TML loses both JVR and Uncle Leo.

Would Toronto be interested in Zuccarello as a replacement? Zucc has 1 year left at 4.5. Say the Rangers retain 50% and agree to take back Matt Martin 2yr/2.5AAV remaining.

Leafs interested? If so, what would the offer be? Just curious. Thanks.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I'm more interested in an Edmonton deal with Zucc. EDM will try to turn things around quickly and make the most of McDavid's prime.

Zucc and Namestnikov/#27OA

for

7OA

If we dealt with Toronto, I'm fairly certain we'd want their 1st+ for Zucc. I don't see it happening.

Reactions: x BEUKEBOOM x

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
No interest in Zucc....we can absorb Martin for the time-being, certainly for next year, and if we're desperate, maybe look to move him elsewhere....now's not the time.

We'd have interest in Hayes for sure though.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
No interest in Zucc....we can absorb Martin for the time-being, certainly for next year, and if we're desperate, maybe look to move him elsewhere....now's not the time.

We'd have interest in Hayes for sure though.

I think NYR will be hard pressed to part with Hayes right now, but never know if the offer is right.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I don't think the Leafs are desperate enough to dump Martin that they'll sacrifice assets to do so. They have a ton of cap space.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Meh, we have some players now we will see how they do. If Johnson, Kappy etc can't cut it for playoffs they we can revisit getting wingers in the off season.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
We would probably be a lot more inclined to look at internal options than deal for a good replacement because of the cost. Hayes would be of more interest, but again I don't know if we'd be looking to make deals for big packages of futures just yet

Reactions: BM14

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Leafs aren't moving any assets of value for another winger. Tons of wingers on the books and in the pipeline

Reactions: Walshy7

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs are pretty deep on the wing, both roster players, and prospects. It doesn't really make any sense to give up assets, for a position of strength. A decent 3C though, might be of interest, if we don't get Bozak on a reasonable deal, or find one under a rock elsewhere.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I'm more interested in an Edmonton deal with Zucc. EDM will try to turn things around quickly and make the most of McDavid's prime.
Zucc and Namestnikov/#27OA for 7OA If we dealt with Toronto, I'm fairly certain we'd want their 1st+ for Zucc. I don't see it happening.
I doubt Rangers will do it - two skilled high IQ guys - it will cost Oilers a lot. I thought Rangers struggled more than usual vs Devils this evening without Zucc, Kevin, and J. Fast based on injuries. And Leafs don`t need another winger concerning the topic.

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania

Would Toronto be interested in Zuccarello as a replacement? Zucc has 1 year left at 4.5. Say the Rangers retain 50% and agree to take back Matt Martin 2yr/2.5AAV remaining.

Martin
Greening
1st
Bracco

For
Zuc
namestikov

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.

No thanks. We have plenty of cheaper, internal options that need a chance to play.

Reactions: BM14

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Meh, we have some players now we will see how they do. If Johnson, Kappy etc can't cut it for playoffs they we can revisit getting wingers in the off season.
Playoffs is a bad time to evaluate a player who will most likely play 10 minutes a night. Plus it would be a small sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad