Celebrity Death: Marty Krofft age 86. King of 70's children's program

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Sid and Marty Krofft in the 70's had about 10 children shows on at one time in the mid 70'a

And of course all shows were a little special. I wore a PuffnStuff t shirt to grade 3 and was made to go home and change my shirt

TV series[edit]​

TV specials/pilots[edit]​

Direct-to-video[edit]​

Films[edit]​

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Their stuff was so creepy.

I'm also morbidly fascinated with their abortive indoor theme park in 70's Atlanta.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Their stuff was so creepy.

I'm also morbidly fascinated with their abortive indoor theme park in 70's Atlanta.

The Banana splits freaked me out for awhile---love the Onion got in on the act

Reactions: Hasbro

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I loved Land of the Lost as a kid. Heck, I also liked it as an adult when I rented the whole series on Netflix many years ago. The intro is catchy.

Also, speaking of nightmares, the Sleestak in the show creeped me out a bit as a kid.

slee11.jpg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I loved Land of the Lost as a kid. Heck, I also liked it as an adult when I rented the whole series on Netflix many years ago. The intro is catchy.

Also, speaking of nightmares, the Sleestak in the show creeped me out a bit as a kid.

slee11.jpg

One thing cracked me up..I did not realize they switched out lead male actors between season 2 and 3--I rewatched it on youtube a few years ago and then realize they did

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
One thing cracked me up..I did not realize they switched out lead male actors between season 2 and 3--I rewatched it on youtube a few years ago and then realize they did
Yeah, I think that the guy playing the father wanted to move on, but instead of re-casting him, they had his character return to the surface through a portal or something while his brother (the kids' uncle) came through and took his place. It didn't change the show much, but it's a little weird and sad to think about. Before, at least the family was together, even though they were trapped in a strange world. After, the kids and their father spent the whole season separated from each other.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah, I think that the guy playing the father wanted to move on, but instead of re-casting him, they had his character return to the surface through a portal or something while his brother (the kids' uncle) came through and took his place. It doesn't change the show much, but it's a little sad when you think about it. Before, the family was together, even though they were trapped in a strange world. After, the kids and their father spent the whole season separated from each other.

Actually the reason why the actor left had to do with something that the Actors guilde fought for in the 1980's. Money for the use of his face selling lunch boxes, games and other stuff. HE found out how much the brothers were making in merchendising he wanted a cut, Didnt get it so he quit

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
H.R. Pufnstuf inspired hundreds of thousands of young Saturday morning TV watchers to experiment with LSD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad