Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, it would be nice to get something in return. Then again, if Mitch really wanted to win in his hometown, he'd put in the effort.

lf he walks, so be it. Out goes Mitch Marner, not Wayne Gretzky.
That’s why I hope they tell him he’s not being resign no matter what, the team needs D and G and depth in the bottom half of the line up, not another highly paid underperforming diva…….

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Scan the score log and point out the games where matthews and Domi combined for these points. Either a Matthews goal assisted by Domi or a Domi goal assisted by Matthews. It's pretty f***ing simple. Unitizing to a per 60 doesn't even work for a moron when combined with context. Point the crazy production out using the raw numbers. No need to be obtuse. It's as obvious as the extent if your statistical accumen.
Matthews line produced goals at a much greater % with Domi on it, rather than with Marner.

I don't give a #$%$ whose assisting for Matthews or even if Matthews is the one scoring. Just because your not on the scoresheet for a goal doesn't mean you didn't play a role in the goal. The point is Matthews line scored more goals with Domi on it than when Marner was.

Let me give you an example:

Jake McCabe scored in the playoffs, Domi and Marner assisted it. Bertuzzi didn't make the scoresheet but screened the goalie which was arguably the most important job on the play.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Maybe you are correct but I tend to think somebody strayed from a plan.

Which brings me to Keefe, I have never seen a bunch of players discussing what they were going to do on crucial faceoffs, more than our guys. Seemed several times a game they were having huddles. Schoolyard stuff, I’d bet Keele had no idea what was planned. Lmao!

It was almost as though Keefe were a CISO. Coach in spirit only. Never took timeouts. Never modified the PP even though it was bad. He just made expressions and absolved his group in the media. Essentially a yes man coach.

Reactions: Confucius

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Much was made of Mitch throwing his gloves after coming off the ice. Now put love him or hate him off to the side. Answer this, was that a reaction from someone who doesn’t care?
Not sure. Would need to know what the full conversation was, wouldn’t we?

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
haha.

Loser Marner will lose.

He's going to be crushed to bits as the team will turn on him.

I would force Marner into mandatory twice daily media talks.

He'll be crying by mid March.
Why is the team turning on him? From everything that I've seen anyway the team seems to be a pretty united front when it comes to trying to block out the media narratives.

Reactions: ACC1224

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Well if he really didn’t care there would be no reaction maybe a smirk and chuckle at someone like WTF was that lol, you owe me a beer.
There are simply too many possibilities with regards to an unheard conversation for me to bother attempting an assessment of a persons reactions to it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Why is the team turning on him? From everything that I've seen anyway the team seems to be a pretty united front when it comes to trying to block out the media narratives.

The team is delusional. They are the gods of their little bubble world. It has not worked out yet and nothing indicates it will

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Turning on Mitch
It's the management. They tried to pretend they weren't moving him, but they did a poor job of "not singling people out"
I'm sure his teammates like him. Despite him stealing cap money from them.

The team and the media will team up on him if he is still a Leaf next year.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I'd love to see Mitch go to the Pens for futures. Dubas is just foolish enough to do it too.
New Jersey? I don't have anything against Keefe. But beggars can't be choosers. Sorry Sheldon.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
5 on 5, Matthews produced significantly more points with Domi than he did Marner this past season:

Matthews produced 1.61 more goals per 60 minutes with Domi, which is approximately a 101.90% increase compared to when playing with Marner.

Matthews produced 2.18 more points per 60 minutes with Domi, which is approximately a 79.27% increase compared to when playing with Marner.

If Matthews produced this much more with 3 million dollar Domi... just how overpaid is Marner? Or do people expect Domi to get 14 million on his next contract?
These facts are gonna destroy Marner fans. They hate facts.

Reactions: thewave

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd love to see Mitch go to the Pens for futures. Dubas is just foolish enough to do it too.
New Jersey? I don't have anything against Keefe. But beggars can't be choosers. Sorry Sheldon.

You can't trade Mitch purely for futures you need real assets back

But even if you could the Pens don't have fuures, they have the worst prospect pool in the league.

They have Owen Pickering and Brayden Yegar and that's it.

Neither of them are anywhere NEAR enough

Reactions: Confucius

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, it would be nice to get something in return. Then again, if Mitch really wanted to win in his hometown, he'd put in the effort.

lf he walks, so be it. Out goes Mitch Marner, not Wayne Gretzky.
EDIT: Replied to wrong post.

Can we create a "Marner lovers only" thread for this poster and his gang from the Marner Appreciation Thread? I'd be 100% happy with staying out of that thread, as long as it's appropriately titled for what it is. Take the OP with you.
They can't, as their income depends on it.

• Haha
Reactions: thewave

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You can't trade Mitch purely for futures you need real assets back

But even if you could the Pens don't have fuures, they have the worst prospect pool in the league.

They have Owen Pickering and Brayden Yegar and that's it.

Neither of them are anywhere NEAR enough
Why not, just put the go for it now on hold? Lmao

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Matthews line produced goals at a much greater % with Domi on it, rather than with Marner.

I don't give a #$%$ whose assisting for Matthews or even if Matthews is the one scoring. Just because your not on the scoresheet for a goal doesn't mean you didn't play a role in the goal. The point is Matthews line scored more goals with Domi on it than when Marner was.

Let me give you an example:

Jake McCabe scored in the playoffs, Domi and Marner assisted it. Bertuzzi didn't make the scoresheet but screened the goalie which was arguably the most important job on the play.
Which games? What was the contribution of these players? You certainly cant be citing on ice stats per 60. Why not +- then? Nice try. Useless hot take.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Which games? What was the contribution of these players? You certainly cant be citing on ice stats per 60. Why not +- then? Nice try. Useless hot take.

They put the puck in the net more frequently with Domi vs Marner. It suggests Domi has better chemistry with Matthews line than with Marnie.

Reactions: saffronleaf

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Well if he really didn’t care there would be no reaction maybe a smirk and chuckle at someone like WTF was that lol, you owe me a beer.
He definitely cares, I mean come on, but unfortunately he comes across like a petulant child. Petulant children are not going to help us win the big show.

Do the pens have room? Crosby for Marner..:nod:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The question is what ewas he caring about?

Ego?
Image?
Team?

My guess is bruised ego that Willy didn't like his Jr level idea.
Last time he had a hissy fit on the bench was when Keefe called a timeout, 👉 at Marner and called Mitch out in front of his teammates for his two turnovers that led to GA. This made Marner request a stick from the Leaf equipment guy, so he could walk into the tunnel and smash it. Yes a premeditated hissy fit.

So yes, it seems the only time cares is if he's called out personally, no signs od similar outbursts when the team loses or get ousted from playoffs. We know he doesn't waste time getting to his time off in summers though.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad