Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
“At this point, the Marner camp led by veteran agent Darren Ferris is not working on a list of teams. They have no intention as of now of producing such a list. As far as the Marner camp is concerned, the star winger has one more year on his contract with the Leafs and intends to honor it,” LeBrun wrote in his article.
Thanks. To me this just reads that there haven't actually been discussions yet on a trade and that they still need to actually have that conversation, and Ferris is just posturing. Given how sensitive Marner is, I can't imagine that he will force himself to stay here for another year and walk to UFA when so much of the fanbase will hate him and if management wants to trade him as well. Mentally I am not sure he's able to handle those conditions, and I think Mitch will be open to a fresh start for himself as well. If he tries to drag this to UFA and leaves us with nothing he will be hated in his hometown for the rest of his career and onwards.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Thanks. To me this just reads that there haven't actually been discussions yet on a trade and that they still need to actually have that conversation, and Ferris is just posturing. Given how sensitive Marner is, I can't imagine that he will force himself to stay here for another year and walk to UFA when so much of the fanbase will hate him and if management wants to trade him as well. Mentally I am not sure he's able to handle those conditions, and I think Mitch will be open to a fresh start for himself as well. If he tries to drag this to UFA and leaves us with nothing he will be hated in his hometown for the rest of his career and onwards.
I agree with you regarding his legacy. I hope you're right in that he'll do the right thing.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
In my 30s too and I’m wondering if I’ll ever see them win myself. At the rate we’re going we might actually land a man on Mars before we even make it to the finals again.
Could you imagine if we progressed from

Leafs cup -> Man on moon -> Full blown living on another planet -> Leafs cup, maybe????

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
That link shows Lebrun saying Mitch wont waive and right under it says Saverelli says 5% chance he stays......who is more trustworthy?
Doubt anyone truly knows. The people feeding insiders info are not being helpful nor will they reveal something critical while a contract is unsigned

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Doubt anyone truly knows. The people feeding insiders info are not being helpful nor will they reveal something critical while a contract is unsigned
in the season ending presser they said changes are coming, so far new coach hired, now we wait....................................

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
in the season ending presser they said changes are coming, so far new coach hired, now we wait....................................
The change already happened. We have a new suit at the table. We changed culture and identity for chemistry and unity.
Saddle up!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
5 on 5, Matthews produced significantly more points with Domi than he did Marner this past season:

Matthews produced 1.61 more goals per 60 minutes with Domi, which is approximately a 101.90% increase compared to when playing with Marner.

Matthews produced 2.18 more points per 60 minutes with Domi, which is approximately a 79.27% increase compared to when playing with Marner.

If Matthews produced this much more with 3 million dollar Domi... just how overpaid is Marner? Or do people expect Domi to get 14 million on his next contract?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
5 on 5, Matthews produced significantly more points with Domi than he did Marner this past season:

Matthews produced 1.61 more goals per 60 minutes with Domi, which is approximately a 101.90% increase compared to when playing with Marner.

Matthews produced 2.18 more points per 60 minutes with Domi, which is approximately a 79.27% increase compared to when playing with Marner.

If Matthews produced this much more with 3 million dollar Domi... just how overpaid is Marner? Or do people expect Domi to get 14 million on his next contract?

Knies-Matthews-Nylander was also better than Knies-Matthews-Marner

Reactions: thewave

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Yes, I forgot about Hamilton, another odd duck they got rid of. Boston cares about winning and having their players conform to the team’s identity, if your a wacko your gone………

Mid March? He’ll be begging to be traded by Thanksgiving……….

Torey Krug, another one, tried to squeeze more than the Bruins were willing to pay, and they moved on.
The list never ends. Funny how other teams go through plenty of solid to great players in a search of working combination.

We went the other way.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
IMHO, it's more his greediness and inability to earn his greedy salary in the playoffs.

And yes, despite NOT being paid in the playoffs, you still need to EARN your salary ALL SEASON LONG !!!
Yeah, was just laughing about the post right above this one.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Gtfo. Domi assisted on only 5 of Matthews goals all season but don't let that fact get in the way of a good story.

Reactions: studebaker17

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
According to Pierre Lebrun, Marner has no intention of submitting a limited trade list and intends to play out the final year of his contract in Toronto.

Treliving's hands may be tied in this case.
Ehh unfortunate, but I get it from Marner's perspective. Home town boy who wants to win here. Probably believes they can do it too. Unfortunately 4 forwards making $10M+ makes it nigh impossible to do so. Especially when one of those players post 3 points in 7 games.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ehh unfortunate, but I get it from Marner's perspective. Home town boy who wants to win here. Probably believes they can do it too. Unfortunately 4 forwards making $10M+ makes it nigh impossible to do so. Especially when one of those players post 3 points in 7 games.

Probably over half the fans want him to move on. Playing here despite not being wanted reminds me of some politicians. Those are some grinders.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Gtfo. Domi assisted on only 5 of Matthews goals all season but don't let that fact get in the way of a good story.

If he leaves I am having a Marner jersey burn out for charity. You are welcome to join and burn out your extensive collection of Marner jerseys and make kids smile.

Its going to be a hoot. Sadly I never had one of his jerseys so I will be there for the joyous occasion and snacks.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If he leaves I am having a Marner jersey burn out for charity. You are welcome to join and burn out your extensive collection of Marner jerseys and make kids smile.

Its going to be a hoot. Sadly I never had one of his jerseys so I will be there for the joyous occasion and snacks.
How old are you?....5?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad