Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Really going to be difficult for him and his dad to leave Toronto... I'm sure they have had long discussions about what his statue would look like. Possibly a jersey in the rafters next to 93.

I wouldn't be surprised I'd they refuse a trade with hopes Shanahan and Tree or gone next offseason. Or Marner goes and tries to play his hart out to earn a second chance.

Well someone is not computing. Could it be you?
I have no idea what point you are making...you said he would probably get 15 assists in the playoffs so I pointed out he has never done that then you then pointed me to a list of the top 50 assist leaders in the nhl that Marner is nowhere near. What am i missing?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I have no idea what point you are making...you said he would probably get 15 assists in the playoffs so I pointed out he has never done that then you then pointed me to a list of the top 50 assist leaders in the nhl that Marner is nowhere near. What am i missing?
You left out the part where you said the record was 11 and 2nd was 7. Convenient on your part. I said it is entirely possible for Marner to get 15

myleafs

May 25, 2021
You left out the part where you said the record was 11 and 2nd was 7. Convenient on your part. I said it is entirely possible for Marner to get 15
I have no idea what point you are trying to make...considering he has never gotten 15 assists in the playoffs sure why not make up a number....or even more likely is he gets 2 assists like this year.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The irony of the situation is that not only does Marner benefit financially if he agreed to a sign and trade, but, he would actually become more beloved by the fan base for doing so.

He would at least get a standing ovation and a video tribute if he leaves on the terms of "the team spoke to me and I accepted that I didn't have a future here so allowed them to find a new home for me".

Fans aren't stupid, they realize his contract situation. For the Leafs to receive something in return while he gets his 8th year of his contract is a massive win/win for all involved. I'd love to have his problems beside deciding how I want to go about making my next 10s of millions in U.S dollars.
Pretty much this. Guaranteed he is still welcomed and cheered when his new team comes in if he moves on through a trade the Leafs asked him to agree too.

Refuse and leave UFA and he will make Tavares look like the most popular guy on Long Island.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Pretty much this. Guaranteed he is still welcomed and cheered when his new team comes in if he moves on through a trade the Leafs asked him to agree too.

Refuse and leave UFA and he will make Tavares look like the most popular guy on Long Island.

When was the last time a top player decided to take one for our team? l get flashbacks of the Muskoka 5 with this bunch.

Reactions: JKG33

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
which players are you talking about man

- Kessel?
he wasn't "the guy" and played behind Crosby and Malkin, moreoveer the moron called dubas retained 2M AAV in a trade so basically Kessel was a 6 AAV guy for the pens

-Bozak?
He won the cup with the blues but he also wasn't "the guy"; he played on their 4th line btw....

- Kadri?
He was always the performner he was misused in Toronto IMO; Naz IS THE MAN; Leafs need players of his ilk. He was my fav Leaf when he played here. The return we got for Kadri is once again on that MORON dubas

- Marchment?
Once again the MORON dubas traded him for effing Malgins and change, there were fans who were up in arms over that trade but they were "cancelled" and "disciplined" because the overlord dubas couldn't do wrong. The Leafs twitter was blocking every account that called out dubas too btw...

Who else did the leafs let walk or traded that has had a huge impact? Players like Marner are NOT going to be "THE GUY" they are complimentary players who may produce down the depth chart playing with in your face kinda players who protect him; and Marner isn't Gretzky where Leafs gotta keep him.

The notion that Marner is some kind of savior needs to go away. He SUCKS for the amount of money he makes i.e. the big piece of salary cap pie he takes
You are on fire today, Sir. Keep up the GREAT work.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Except Nashville…..that’s punishing me for no reason. :)
You need to sacrifice for the greater good.

Who knows, maybe they’ll think they can help Marner mature away from the spotlight in a different organization?

The money piece is actually something I’m very curious about. Marner is a superstar with multiple 90 point seasons, PK work, yada yada. But he has no personal awards, has never broken 100 points, doesn’t have a 40 goal season, never done jack in the playoffs… that doesn’t really scream $12.5 million or whatever has been reported. Will be interesting to see what the market tells him he’s worth.
Around $8.5 million taking into account playoff performance or lack thereof.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Sorry man but do the Math, we have a 1 in 32 chance of winning a Cup, just enjoy each game and run and gun is exciting.
I had a whole post typed in but I deleted it. Why anyone responds to your OBVIOUS TROLLING is beyond me. I won't make that mistake again.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Marner does indeed come back, whether that be by exercising his NMC or the franchise doesn't want to move him, I'd like to see him have a Panarin-like renaissance next season. Panarin took a massive step in terms of production, blowing by the 100 point barrier for the first time in his career. And while his playoff numbers aren't gaudy he's been clutch, leading the league with 4 GWG this postseason. Marner has 3 playoff GWG in his entire career.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Not a chance

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Big chance.
Look at this board. This is mild.
You’re saying if he wants to stay and the Leafs don’t offer him a contract that is the same as the Tavares situation?
It’s completely opposite.

This board isn’t an accurate representation of the fanbase IMO

Reactions: Notsince67

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You’re saying if he wants to stay and the Leafs don’t offer him a contract that is the same as the Tavares situation?
It’s completely opposite.

This board isn’t an accurate representation of the fanbase IMO
You are correct, seems more like the Sundin situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad