Player Discussion Marner talk - daily repetition version.

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Marner is a smart guy and knows his time in Toronto is coming to an end. He can tough it out and not agree to a trade but who in their right mind would want to stay in a city where he's not wanted?

I hope he isn't listening to his stubborn father again. I'm sure even he sees the writing on the wall.

Smart guy would read a room. That last "gods remark" convinced me it's HOCKEY IQ they praise.

Reactions: Antropovsky

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Trade him for a sack of beans. I don't care. Him and his daddy can go fleece some other team.

Reactions: Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Hmm, may be right up Mitch's alley. 3-on-3 so lots of dangles, very little contact, and apparently each team will have a $30M salary cap which means he can get paid Mitch Marner money there too.

All joking aside, that might be a perfect situation for him and Matthews.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
The only way Mitch doesn't get moved/cut loose would seem to be if there was a shock deal for one of Auston or Willie, which i seriously doubt is happening.

Brendan could have come to the presser in a bus driver's uniform based on his comments - twice that i heard where he said the pattern is clear and the time for patience is over.

Reactions: Al14 and ULF_55

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Hmm, may be right up Mitch's alley. 3-on-3 so lots of dangles, very little contact, and apparently each team will have a $30M salary cap which means he can get paid Mitch Marner money there too.

Sounds fake and it should start in 4 months?

edit: Not a single source apart from Steve. Shocker

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I know this is the wrong thread but which media outlet is showing the 10:30 am presser today with Shanny, Tree, and Keith Pelle? I'm out in Calgary so local Toronto stations won't be useful.

EDIT: nevermind, the Leafs Youtube is carrying it LIVE.
Is he hanging out with Bieber at church?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Bye bye Mitch. It’s been a miserable time. Wish you success wherever you end up.

Notice how some of the usual suspects on the main board are now on Marner's side.

Whichever team trades for him better not expect much past April. It's not like Marner will automatically turn on a switch and become a beast in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

It may not be as hard to trade Mitch Marner as some think.Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brad Treliving is already fielding calls on him according to Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos.

There is concern around Leafs Nation that it will be difficult to trade Marner because of his no-movement clause and his cap hit, but according to Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos, there are a number of teams already calling about the winger.

"There are already multiple NHL teams that have reached out and shown a keen interest in a three-time all-star player who closes in on 100 points every season," Kypreos wrote in his Toronto Star column. "And that's with the knowledge that his next contract could land him as much as $100 million."

Reactions: AvroArrow

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

It may not be as hard to trade Mitch Marner as some think.Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brad Treliving is already fielding calls on him according to Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos.

There is concern around Leafs Nation that it will be difficult to trade Marner because of his no-movement clause and his cap hit, but according to Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos, there are a number of teams already calling about the winger.
Taking calls isn't the hard part.

Reactions: leafs in five

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012

shanahan.mitch.marner.is.on.his.way.out.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad