Confirmed Signing with Link: Marcus Sörensen signs with Djurgården

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Liked him with the Sharks. Not a lot of production, good depth player, good work ethics. He probably wanted to go back to Sweden? I'd be surprise if SJ had no interest in bringing him back.

San Jose had zero interest in bringing him back. He got benched halfway through the season and never again cracked the lineup.

Sorensen is just plain not an NHL starter. He might have value as a 13th forward, but he'd rather be a starter in Sweden (and no one can blame him).

Reactions: Alwalys

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Sorensen was complete ass on the ice, the guy couldn’t even hit an empty net.

Should have an easier go at the royal game park (Djurgården).

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not entirely surprised. He would score some goals every once in a while, and that was about it.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
He apparently said no to team(s) from NHL, KHL, Swiss league etc. He wanted to come home to Sweden according to himself.

It'd be interesting to know which NHL team(s) he said no to and what they offered.

He scored 17 goals and 30 points one season, he's a very good skater and so on.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I recall he put up some decent numbers for a bottom-6 in his 2nd season with the Sharks. Perhaps his choice was being a bottom-6er in the NHL for a few more years, or a top line in his home country?

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Kamaya Painters

Nov 8, 2018
I recall he put up some decent numbers for a bottom-6 in his 2nd season with the Sharks. Perhaps his choice was being a bottom-6er in the NHL for a few more years, or a top line in his home country?

He was fed up with playing bottom 6-roles in the NHL and wanted to play a more important role. He also wanted to move away from the Sharks because of how bad they've been in the last few years. He's got an out-clause every single year during the 4-year contract and will probably exercise it if things don't work out. He also built a new house in Sweden recently.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
He was fed up with playing bottom 6-roles in the NHL and wanted to play a more important role. He also wanted to move away from the Sharks because of how bad they've been in the last few years. He's got an out-clause every single year during the 4-year contract and will probably exercise it if things don't work out. He also built a new house in Sweden recently.
Hint: he was part of the reason they were bad as well.

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
Sharks fans were saying this guy was their better version of Pageau. Oh how the mighty have fallen

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose

Think he will be back in the NHL at some point? The out-clause suggests so, and I'll anticipate it's limited to NHL. I think his age is going to be a factor if he doesn't hurry up.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Think he will be back in the NHL at some point? The out-clause suggests so, and I'll anticipate it's limited to NHL. I think his age is going to be a factor if he doesn't hurry up.

Not if the first 4 games are any indication. He looks like he can't hang with the pace in the SHL right now. But hopefully he is catching up with his fitness and is just under heavy workout load.

The out-clause is probably KHL aswell (money)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad