Proposal: Marcus Pettersson for Carson Soucy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The idea in this deal would be the Kraken getting the younger player with the higher upside, while the Penguins save some cap and fill a position of need (physical RD to play with POJ, I believe Soucy played RD with Minnesota). I'm not sure how much Seattle needs another LD, but could this be a reasonable basis for a deal?

For reference, here is what their analytics say for both of them:

They're both good players, this is more of the Penguins balancing out their LD/RD balance and the Kraken getting a younger and higher upside player.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
bad trade for Seattle, but they are a horrible team thanks to GM Francis...so he might make a silly trade like this I suppose??

The Krak need to sell assets at TDL and take back young prospects and picks and hope to get Wright?

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Meh its not bad. Pitt listens a least. Pettersen has been slightly better this season but this D core needs more grit and if this trade can bring it then don't see am issue

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No reason for Seattle to consider. Take on a higher cap hit with more term for a lesser defender and don't get any assets to do it. If Soucy is traded it needs to be for picks or young forward with offensive potential.

Reactions: Canuck86

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don’t think MP is worse per say but Soucy will be much more highly sought by contending teams looking at the playoffs. His contract is a big boon as well - as I said in another thread, he should have a market similar to a defense version of Goodrow when the Bolts grabbed him. High level “role” defenseman with a game made for the playoffs and a great contract that is cost controlled for another year past this one. People are going to be surprised at the return he gets. Like Goodrow he will probably be overpaid and valueless after 2023 but for the next 1.5 seasons he is going to be a high demand target.

Seattle is overflowing with depth players (as was expected due to the nature of the expansion draft). While MP would be fine for them, they need to be concentrating on draft picks and prospect development and Soucy is their chance to grab a really good pick or prospect. MP doesn’t really move them forward at all.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No reason for Seattle to consider. Take on a higher cap hit with more term for a lesser defender and don't get any assets to do it. If Soucy is traded it needs to be for picks or young forward with offensive potential.

Based on what is Pettersson a lesser defender?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad