Proposal: Marc Stone to MTL (Unsigned)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Taking in consideration the Sens cant extend Stone...

To Ottawa: Arturi Lehkonen + Jacob Olofsson + 2nd round pick 2019 + Allan McShane or Cam Hillis + conditional 1st round pick if Stone is extended...

P.S.: Just doing this for fun, no need to be harsh on me, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SenatorJoey

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I would probably want something involving your 2019 1st and Josh Brook

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
That's way too much for a rental. Brook is looking like a potential stud defenseman. I'm not giving up on him + a 1st for a rental.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You don't give away a top prospect and a 1st round pick (together) for a rental. Lehkonen + 1st, sure. But not Brook. He's extremely valuable to us.

That's fair to value Brook highly. I really don't like Lehkonen, would not be interested in him.
Plus, the prospects mentioned in OP don't seem appealing whatsoever so I just tried to think of a Habs prospect I'd want.
I think Stone will get at least a 1st + a prospect on a similar level to Brook

Reactions: The3rd

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Habs are not in a position to trade top prospects or a first round pick for a rental since we are not much in a position to contend now, that proposal is damage controlled from the Habs point of view, thats the very best I could see the Habs offering, if this is not enough, no big deal, we will enter the playoffs with that group without much expectations, just enjoying to be there and hopefully give our first round matchup a hard time...

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
That's fair to value Brook highly. I really don't like Lehkonen, would not be interested in him.
Plus, the prospects mentioned in OP don't seem appealing whatsoever so I just tried to think of a Habs prospect I'd want.
I think Stone will get at least a 1st + a prospect on a similar level to Brook
Not for a rental, they won't. If Stone was dead set on extending with the team that would trade for him, then that's a different story. A 1st + good prospect or solid player is what's expected. I'd go as far as trading a 1st + Lehkonen + B prospect + conditional 1st 2020 if Stone were to extend with the Habs. That's a lot for Stone (2 1sts + solid player + B prospect). But Brook is a top prospect for MTL, so that alone is a no-go unless it includes a surefire extension.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
In Lehkonen, the Sens would get a pretty solid third liner with a very high motor, good 2-way game and solid on the PK...

In Olofsson, the offensive side of his game has yet to be shown but that kid is a very strong 200 ft natural center that skates like the wind, has a solid frame and does everythings well on the ice, has some quick hands, reminds me a bit of Poehling but likely with a bit less offensive to his game, still projects as a solid 2-way 3rd line center with some untapped potential, while his lack of production is a bit concerning, he still plays in one of the best Pro leagues in the world (SHL) at 18... How much McShane will improve his skating is the key to his development here, he has some slick hands, a very good shot, good playmaker but skating needs work... Cam hillis has been injured this year but thats a kid Timmins wanted badly, hard work center with excellent 2-way game and some nice skills, pretty interesting players for a rebuilding team...

I will try another one, what about Lehkonen, Juulsen\Olofsson McShane\Hillis ?

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Something like this would probably never happen because Ottawa would ask a much higher price of a team in their division than they would for a Western team. I'm sure Stone would fetch a 1st+ as a rental from a top team out west.

The Habs should definitely target Stone if he's still available this summer.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
So Habs fans again willing once again to trade real assets for a rental and a winger no less? Stone's great but he shouldn't be what we're looking.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
No interest in Stone if we don’t agree to an extention first. And by how Dorion managed the Hoffman and Karlsson trade, I really doubt they even entertain a serious offer from Montreal

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Stone wouldbe a massive get, but Habs have bigger holes to fill and are not positioned to give up the necessary assets.

MB aleeady said he is committed to the rebuild plan despite the success the Habs have had this season.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Sens will get at least a 1st or a top prospect for Stone. This proposal gives them neither of those things.

Reactions: Deku

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol his name changed to Marc once Montreal fans started talking about him.

Like that old story about Guy Herbert from New York?

Growing up until he made the NHL he was always GUY HER-BERT - American goalie. Once he made the NHL everyone assumed he was French Canadian and started pronouncing it GHEE AY-BEAR and because Quebecois goalies were thought of very highly at the time he just kinda rolled with it. If I remember right he joked once that the francophone pronunciation of his name probably got him a couple mil extra over his career :laugh:

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Asks the price
Gets told the price
Gets offended by the price

Stone is likely a first plus Brooks like mentioned earlier. Absolutely not worth it this year for the habs.

Reactions: Deku

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal isn't really in a position to be adding a rental of stone's quality.
Senators don't trade within the division (let alone to one of the their top-2 rivals).

That being said, a hypothetical deadline deal would probably look like this:

To Montreal: Mark Stone + Magnus Paajarvi
To Ottawa: MTL 1st 2019 + Prospect* + Prospect* + Lehkonen + J.Benn + Conditional Pick(s)

*Not Suzuki or MTL's other 2-3 best prospects. Couple guys in the 4-7 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad