Value of: Marc Staal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Slavin
Fleury
Hanifin

There's nowhere for Staal to play in Carolina. Even if the Canes were to move out Hanifin/Fleury for forward help, the Canes would still have Bean, who will be in Charlotte shortly, to fill that void as soon as next season.

Staal in isolation is not a good use of budget space and trade assets. Now, if Darling is involved, then maybe it's a different story.

EDIT: Sorry for the redundancy. I didn't see the posts above before submitting.
I'm certainly not saying MStaal is the answer, but if Carolina moves Hanifin for center help, Faulk needs a partner that plays more of a safe game. I think/ hope Fleury could be that, but he's progressing more slowly than I thought he would. MStaal or someone like De Haan would seem like a good playing partner with Faulk.

Of course all of this is based on the Canes trading Hanifin and keeping Faulk. And according Bean to work his way through the system with some injury call-up action.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I think most would agree that Staal is a 3rd pair dman now and for the rest of his career. If hes playing 2nd pair somewhere, then that defense is trash and he isnt helping anything.

Additionally, even at 50% thats still a lot of money to pay a 3rd pair guy with term in a salary cap era, especially one who needs to fit in a very particular system to not be a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad