Rumor: Marc Bergevin meets with team leaders, without Therrien

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
If the GM has to keep going into the dressing room (last year and this year during a slide) to try to get a message across, what does this say about the coach?
That's not a good image for the GM since he's supposed to have hired the best coach available. His window was five years and this team still blows approaching the fifth year.

Batmike

Jun 28, 2015
Newfoundland
MB probably just wants to hear first hand what the leaders think the problems are without the bias or pressure of a coach being present.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It wasn't Julien's fault their GM is delusional

A lot of people say this...but the Bruins have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, and if things continued the way they're going this year, it would of been 3 years in a row without playoffs for the Bruins.

I don't know many coaches who survive 3 years in a row without playoffs.

The timing of it is weird, but I'm really not sure why everyone is so shocked by the firing? It's been coming for awhile, whether it happened 2 days ago or this summer, it was inevitable.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
News article from 14 years ago

Canadiens fire Therrien; hire Julien

Funny how limited the scope is no? That this remains among the most likely scenarios if MT's fired (which I don't see happening they'll trade players first but I digress).

Also MB met with the players sans coach last year as well. And DD was a healthy scratch for one game last year as well, would not read too much into those gestures.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
[/B]

That he's a poor listener and communicator is what it says to me. You ever listen to his post game answers to the media? You ever listen to any press conference that he was ever in? I do and if you listen/believe what several former players have said, communication with the players is not one of his strong abilities.

You think everyone is quiet in that locker room while everything is going to ****? I guarantee its not, these guys work together and if things are going bad it definitely gets talked about. Maybe it was Therrien who asked Bergevin to come in and talk to them to mend some fences if you will. You can see something in the guys body language, they are definitely not dialled in.

Valentine's Day is coming, just deciding what present to give Mikey?:sarcasm:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
First question would be: Who asked for that meeting?
But Therrien not being there isn't really good either way.

I've asked a couple of days ago if the team as quit on Therrien......considering the team is Carey Price......

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I don't even think it came from the GM, more from the ****** Neely
Cam Neely was a really good player, almost legendary. Personally I think he should stay in command in Boston. Our chance to win increase that way.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Claude Julien? Do people really want him back? We make fun of him and hate him the whole time he was in Boston as well as his antics during the playoffs and we want him back? Didn't we not like him while he was our coach?
Yes, I can understand we don't like MT. Heck, we may want anyone over him, even the Zamboni driver over MT...but do we really want Julien back as our coach? The Leafs went out to get the best darn coach they can think of...can we not do the same or at least someone close? Do we have to settle with Julien?

Settle?

Julien is currently the best available coach. Amongst 'available' coaches who is a better option?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I'd rather keep MT if the other best option is Julien. Haven't we suffered enough?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I'd rather keep MT if the other best option is Julien. Haven't we suffered enough?

Julien is 10x times the coach MT is. He won a cup, MT hasn't won a damn thing in this league for a good reason.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
A lot of people say this...but the Bruins have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, and if things continued the way they're going this year, it would of been 3 years in a row without playoffs for the Bruins.

I don't know many coaches who survive 3 years in a row without playoffs.

The timing of it is weird, but I'm really not sure why everyone is so shocked by the firing? It's been coming for awhile, whether it happened 2 days ago or this summer, it was inevitable.

They've lost Lucic, Seguin, Hamilton without replacement and Chara is not the same player. They are right where they should be. I don't know what the organization was expecting out of that group.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Julien is 10x times the coach MT is. He won a cup, MT hasn't won a damn thing in this league for a good reason.
Except he's not. It's more like 1.000001 time better. Just more of the same.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If the GM has to keep going into the dressing room (last year and this year during a slide) to try to get a message across, what does this say about the coach?

Yeah, I feel like we've heard this way too much within the past few years of Bergevin having to go into the dressing room or talk to the leaders of the team. It definitely seems to be happening more often than with other teams. The coach should be able to handle any problems that are in the locker room. If the GM is having to step in, then either: A) the GM didn't pick the best coach for the job or B) the coach is the problem.

Yeah, damn that Claude Julien who has watched the team he coaches get gutted of talent over the past few seasons yet still keep the Bruins in fights for the playoffs. Have you seen their roster?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Yeah, I feel like we've heard this way too much within the past few years of Bergevin having to go into the dressing room or talk to the leaders of the team. It definitely seems to be happening more often than with other teams. The coach should be able to handle any problems that are in the locker room. If the GM is having to step in, then either: A) the GM didn't pick the best coach for the job or B) the coach is the problem.

Yeah, damn that Claude Julien who has watched the team he coaches get gutted of talent over the past few seasons yet still keep the Bruins in fights for the playoffs. Have you seen their roster?
He has been part of the decisions. It was him who didn't like Seguin. If you want him I don't know what to say I'm sorry for you. I'm being polite right-now.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
They've lost Lucic, Seguin, Hamilton without replacement and Chara is not the same player. They are right where they should be. I don't know what the organization was expecting out of that group.

While all of this may be true...coaches who aren't successful, usually don't last.

Been that way forever

Jul 6, 2016
That's not a good image for the GM since he's supposed to have hired the best coach available. His window was five years and this team still blows approaching the fifth year.

I am pretty sure every single GM in the league do that once in a while.

If he wanted that meeting to be super secret, he would had just send an email or text message to the three players and fix a meeting at his room, away from any media members.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

If he wanted that meeting to be super secret, he would had just send an email or text message to the three players and fix a meeting at his room, away from any media members.
Once in a while yes but it's the fourth year and we didn't improve at all. Basically MB need to wake up there's people on this message board who are more qualified than him.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Boston has missed the playoffs the last two seasons, and are on pace to miss it again this season.
Just saying.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Very glad that Bergevin GM, he's a pro-active 24/7 leader that recognizes the team isn't performing at the level they should be, with almost the full lineup healthy. A GM can't build the team chemistry necessary without knowing everyone involved, particularly the players, similar to Sammy Pollock & Frank Selke when they were the Habs GM. Bergevin is a hands on GM, always prepared for injuries since taking the job, with players that excel, accept for Price whom was the NHL MVP the year before, try finding that replacement, not happening!!!...:nod::nod::nod:

Bergevin is getting input from the players about which players would fit in the team, IMHO!!!...:yo::yo::yo: He's probably already discussed these things with Therrien on many occasions, just spitballing here.:nod:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Problem is , we all know last season Bergy went in and told all the players he wasn't firing Therrien no matter what......So obviously he was thinking the players were trying to get Therrien fired?

Here we are again this year on another slide,another players meeting with the GM......I can't see him saying that same thing as last year,because it didn't work last year....The team continued to tank after he told all the players the coach wasn't getting fired...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad