Confirmed with Link: Mann, Bowness (not that one) hired as AGM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Looking at the Mann/Dorion era. So 2017 on. I found this interesting:

This is just weird lol.

It's only been five years since Mann took over. It's not exactly surprising that only two players outside the top five have played over 70 NHL games. Most players that age are still developing. Let's take a look at the drafts.

2017 - We only had four picks and didn't have a pick until 28, yet we still walked away with Formenton and Batherson. Not sure why they don't count.
2018 - Not a great draft outside of Brady, but JBD will almost certainly play at least 70 games. Crookshank is a bit of a darkhorse due to his injury.
2019 - 5 of the 6 players have played at least 1 NHL game so far. Pinto would have played over 70 games this season if not for his injury. Thomson and Kastelic will both likely play over 70 games in their careers. Sogaard and Lodin aren't sure things, but they have good potential. Even Guenette has shown promise too.
2020 - Nobody outside of the top 20 has even played over 70 games yet.
2021 - Only one player in the entire draft has even played over 70 NHL games lol.

So...with context that stat isn't really that interesting. 2017 was a good draft for us. 2018 a little less so and everything else is too soon to tell. Excluding Formenton, Batherson and our top five picks is just...dumb and seems like he's trying to manipulate data so that he can make the argument he wants.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
He's said it isn't him.

I think it might be Dion Phaneuf.

Some players are great coaches or front office type and some really aren't - but I really like Phaneuf during his time here and he seems like a really solid dude. I'd support giving him a chance for sure.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This is just weird lol.

It's only been five years since Mann took over. It's not exactly surprising that only two players outside the top five have played over 70 NHL games. Most players that age are still developing. Let's take a look at the drafts.

2017 - We only had four picks and didn't have a pick until 28, yet we still walked away with Formenton and Batherson. Not sure why they don't count.
2018 - Not a great draft outside of Brady, but JBD will almost certainly play at least 70 games. Crookshank is a bit of a darkhorse due to his injury.
2019 - 5 of the 6 players have played at least 1 NHL game so far. Pinto would have played over 70 games this season if not for his injury. Thomson and Kastelic will both likely play over 70 games in their careers. Sogaard and Lodin aren't sure things, but they have good potential. Even Guenette has shown promise too.
2020 - Nobody outside of the top 20 has even played over 70 games yet.
2021 - Only one player in the entire draft has even played over 70 NHL games lol.

So...with context that stat isn't really that interesting. 2017 was a good draft for us. 2018 a little less so and everything else is too soon to tell. Excluding Formenton, Batherson and our top five picks is just...dumb and seems like he's trying to manipulate data so that he can make the argument he wants.
The interesting thing about that stat is it makes it rather obvious why you shouldn't pay attention to Graeme Nichols

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The interesting thing about that stat is it makes it rather obvious why you shouldn't pay attention to Graeme Nichols
I used to follow his articles because he transcribed a lot of Sens related press availability and interviews. Haven't really read his stuff since he changed sites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad