Manchester United partial sale completed: Sir Jim era

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean.. when you're trying to smooze basketball players and likely business clients, that's kinda one of the places you would drop a big stack of money.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I mean.. when you're trying to smooze basketball players and likely business clients, that's kinda one of the places you would drop a big stack of money.
The point is that I was just laughing at all the talk about cost saving measures when it's basically like a guy saying he needs to tighten the belt and cut out a Netflix and Disney+ subscription to balance his budget when he's driving around in a Lamborghini. It's not that money can't be saved, it's that it's a tiny drop in the bucket compared to where the real money is going.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, co-owner of Manchester United, said: “We want to create a world class environment for our teams to win. When we conducted a thorough review of the Carrington training facilities and met with our men’s first team players, it was clear the standards had fallen below some of our peers. This project will ensure Manchester United’s training ground is once more renovated to the highest
standards.

“Lord Foster, a fellow Mancunian, has brought some great inspiration to the design, in conjunction with the Manchester United team and we look forward to seeing the improvement to the facilities but most importantly on the pitch.”

Lord Foster, Founder and Executive Chairman of Foster + Partners, said: “We are delighted to lead the renewal of Manchester United’s training facility in Carrington.

“Our aim is to modernise and revitalise the building as a catalyst for future footballing success, creating spaces that inspire a culture of collaboration, unity and belonging.

“As a proud Mancunian, it is a particular honour for me to see Foster + Partners given this responsibility and we will ensure that our design captures the spirit of industry, grit and ambition that exemplifies both Manchester and Manchester United.”

About time. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad