Malcolm Subban

• Thread starter TheSeguinEra2010*
  • Start date
  • PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheSeguinEra2010*

Tuukka is having a strong beginning to the season and could get a longterm deal at seasons end. If that does happen do we hold onto Subban and groom him as the #2 goalie when he is ready or do you see the Bruins eventually moving him?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Doubt he gets traded. Upside is really high. I bet he is an even better pro than he is a prospect. We probably see him as the future. Tuukka has durability issues I think PC will be happy to get 3-4 more great years from Tuukka and then take a big package for him and play Malcolm.

I'd trade Tuukka for a top pairing D man in 3 or 4 years when we need a replacement for Chara/Seids and roll with Subban. Tuukka is awesome you'll get someone good if you trade him when he is young.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Doubt he gets traded. Upside is really high. I bet he is an even better pro than he is a prospect. We probably see him as the future. Tuukka has durability issues I think PC will be happy to get 3-4 more great years from Tuukka and then take a big package for him and play Malcolm.

I'd trade Tuukka for a top pairing D man in 3 or 4 years when we need a replacement for Chara/Seids and roll with Subban. Tuukka is awesome you'll get someone good if you trade him when he is young.

Not entirely true. Think you're over estimating his value a tad tbh. Goalies don't really net you a ton in return, especially recently.

Aucoin11*

He's 18. He isn't even going to be considered for a back up role until he is at least 22 or 23, absolute best case scenario.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Too early to worry about that. If Subban is starter material he can be properly developed for another 4 or 5 years before there is any potential conflict and even then he would break in as the back up. If it does happen eventually that will be a good problem to have.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
agreed... way too early to call this.

when you look at a team like calgary that spent high first round picks on a couple goalies this past decade or even our own situation when we all freaked out over what to do with raycroft cause toivonen was on the way... you see that its just crazy to start making goaltender decesions for the future when the guys are this age...

unless hes needed to get a major deal done, this decesion wont even be talked about by bruin brass for at least a couple years and is pretty pointless for us to talk about before then too.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He's 18. He isn't even going to be considered for a back up role until he is at least 22 or 23, absolute best case scenario.

/this

Subban is an equally good prospect to what Tuukka Rask was.

Tuukka is now 25 and this is his first year as a full-time starter. Forget about Subban in Boston for 3-4 years.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

19 actually.

As for the comparisons with Rask... Tuukka was named top goalie of the WJHC when he was 18 yo. Subban well... put up one of the worst goaltending display in Canadian hockey history, so let's wait until he first makes the AHL squad before speculating on his future with the Bruins.

neldogger

Dec 23, 2002
ma
Visit site
lol subban

^ with previous post. lets see how he does against men.

comparing subban to rask is a joke! one guy was stud in every level and stud in finland elite league. subban was a reach and its been a couple weak years on young goalies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
/this

Subban is an equally good prospect to what Tuukka Rask was.

Tuukka is now 25 and this is his first year as a full-time starter. Forget about Subban in Boston for 3-4 years.

He did have that season were he took the starting job from Thomas and outplayed miller in the first round ? Or some thing.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
We got a few years until subban plays here.

Until them tuukka is here to stay and hopefully has a long and solid career ahead oh him

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
I won't dare to rely on Subban until I have some proof he can succeed at the NHL level. I have no faith in Boston's ability to draft or groom young goaltenders. Rask was traded for. They did groom him, so they get partial credit. Other than that, find the last homegrown Bruins goalie. It's an ugly list.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Tuukka is having a strong beginning to the season and could get a longterm deal at seasons end. If that does happen do we hold onto Subban and groom him as the #2 goalie when he is ready or do you see the Bruins eventually moving him?

I don't think Rask getting a long-term deal effects what they do with Subban. Malcolm's 4-5 years away from really challenging for a starting job so they can hold onto him and develop him to be Rask's heir, even if Rask gets that long-term deal.

That said, anyone and everyone should be considered tradeable. Subban, Spooner, Koko, Knight... Pick your binky. With regard to Subban, Rask is young enough that you could move Malcolm and draft/develop another potential replacement, if there was a deal out there you had to make.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't think Rask getting a long-term deal effects what they do with Subban. Malcolm's 4-5 years away from really challenging for a starting job so they can hold onto him and develop him to be Rask's heir, even if Rask gets that long-term deal.

That said, anyone and everyone should be considered tradeable. Subban, Spooner, Koko, Knight... Pick your binky. With regard to Subban, Rask is young enough that you could move Malcolm and draft/develop another potential replacement, if there was a deal out there you had to make.

A la Bernard Parent and Ken Dryden. :(

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Talking of Subban, for those who saw him play in the Ohl. I see he has a really good year stat wise, but I also know he's playing on a pretty good defensive team and their 17yo backup has stat really comparable to Subban. So is this 17yo the real deal or is it just that easy to have great number with the Bulls?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad