MacFarland/Landeskog press conference

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Reads as bad news but I just have a hard time believing anything bad after we saw all of the skating videos the past month

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
SnTlWWg.jpeg

He's just there to represent the players. First of all, while he was probably not close to returning for these playoffs, he's on the timeline and hasn't suffered any setbacks. And even if he had, why would they announce it now lol?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hopefully it's just CMac's season ending presser with his captain, to talk about the team, and give an update on his health, since he hasn't talked publicly to the media since last year I believe.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
But why would the captain be there for a year ending presser?

That's what the last part of that sentence was referencing. I hope. "give an update on his health, since he hasn't talked publicly to the media since last year I believe."

Plus he's the team captain and his presence has been sorely missing publicly. He's a stabilizing presence for fans after a disappointing loss.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Since you guys have already forgotten, MacFarland and Landeskog also spoke last year after the Avs season was over:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Since you guys have already forgotten, MacFarland and Landeskog also spoke last year after the Avs season was over:

I've already flipped a car and set it on fire...

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He’s probably gonna announce he’s done playing and taking over the Avs GM position while CMac becomes Val’s sponsor, spends all his time with Val to make sure he doesn’t do drugs anymore and join the team in November

Reactions: MildAvaholic

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Landy spoke before the season started. Sometimes, you just need to hear from the Captain.

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I don't think it's bad. It's been planned for a while. Don't you think Sakic would be there if it was a "retirement"?
He and many other people would be there. Which is why I lean on the side that if it’s bad news (which I don’t believe it will be, I just won’t completely shut the door on it), it’s more in the vein of “rehab isn’t going the way we thought it would be…” and that basically the original timeline *may* no longer be relevant

Reactions: Avs91

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If he was retiring, I'd imagine they'd combine the presser with announcing the new captain too.

Some bad news with some "good" news to show continuity and that they're moving forward. That seams like a team first Gabe move for sure.

Similar to the Hejduk presser where he gave the captain's jersey to Landy.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Landy spoke before the season started. Sometimes, you just need to hear from the Captain.

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I don't think it's bad. It's been planned for a while. Don't you think Sakic would be there if it was a "retirement"?
Would be shocked if you’re anything other than right with this one. Would have to think not only would Sakic be on hand if it was a ‘retirement’ but whichever of Makar/Mack was getting the C would be there as a passing the torch deal

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He’s probably gonna announce he’s done playing and taking over the Avs GM position while CMac becomes Val’s sponsor, spends all his time with Val to make sure he doesn’t do drugs anymore and join the team in November
CMac is going back to Columbus to GM. EJ is coming back to be Val's sponsor. EJ and Jokic can show Val the beauty of horse ownership and give him his first pony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad