Value of: MacDermid to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Why would a team want MacDermid when they already have Pezzetta and Xhekaj and the whole league is trending away from needing that element entirely? :huh:
Xhekaj fighting as much as he did should be avoided because he's actually a good player and needs to develop and Pezetta is more of an energy guy than a legit fighter. Reaves + Lucic coming into the Atlantic, neither of the current guys should answer the bell there

Waste of a roster spot . We don't need a face puncher to protect our face puncher from other face punchers .
Good call waste away on Xhekaj's potential by having him injured/serving majors

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
With what you purposes, while dermy isn’t a big role player he does play a role though It doesn’t make sense to lose that for wideman. I have no interest.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Xhekaj fighting as much as he did should be avoided because he's actually a good player and needs to develop and Pezetta is more of an energy guy than a legit fighter. Reaves + Lucic coming into the Atlantic, neither of the current guys should answer the bell there

I think the best approach is to manage Xhekaj a little more. I think he fought more than he needed to last year, but I feel he was still trying to prove himself and secure his spot on the team, especially with the deeper left side.

IMO Xhekaj should not be fighting guys like Reeves and Lucic or other heavyweights. He’s a legit player in his own right, and should only fight in the right circumstances.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

I doing know about Lucic, but as a Ranger fan who watched Reaves, I wouldn't worry about it and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get a guy to specifically address him. 9 games out of 10 hes a non factor. He hits huge when he does but if he gets you, it's mostly your fault. He doesn't have the speed to really catch most of the league. I was excited when we got him but I don't think he fought 5 times in a Ranger sweater. He's mostly reputation at this point, he a good fighter when he does fight but it's not like he's gonna make you pay unless you come out and deal with him. That said I fully expect him to be a menace against NY every time we play him because of the way things ended here.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If you can get a team of tough players with skill, you could run roughshod over this league rather easily.

MacDermid isn't skilled enough to have a regular place in the lineup.

Would rather a forward, like Deslaurier to be honest.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
If you can get a team of tough players with skill, you could run roughshod over this league rather easily.

MacDermid isn't skilled enough to have a regular place in the lineup.

Would rather a forward, like Deslaurier to be honest.
But that's kind of the point, he can play D and both wings and there's no downside to putting him in the press box for 60 games. Sole purpose is to take the pressure off of Xhekaj when playing more physical teams. My other thought was Matt Martin but doubt the Isles would move him

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Why would a team want MacDermid when they already have Pezzetta and Xhekaj and the whole league is trending away from needing that element entirely? :huh:
Ask Montemabault. The league is still full of cheap shot artists who need to be taken care of. Pezzetta couldn't beat up a crippled old man. Xhekaj needs help and Habs aren't a contender so at least for this year the player doesn't need to be able to play.

Reactions: Nevins

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

Good call thinking Xhekaj needs somebody to fight his battles for him .

Reactions: SenzZen

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
no idea why would someone, let alone the Habs, want McDermid. but hey, if you really want him, a 7th should be enough. Avs could really use his 1M cap hit in something more serviceable.

Reactions: The Moops

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't think Habs need MacDermid with Pezzetta, Xekaj and anderson around. Arber shouldn't be fighting for the first half of the year anyway as he comes back from shoulder surgery and he needs to be way more selective - even though he's already a top 10 heavyweight in the league..
If habs were to trade for another tough guy, it should be deslauriers or olivier - guys who can actually take regular shifts on the 4th line.
I also don't think Toronto or Boston is the issue right now - it's ottawa.
Xekaj has been a menace playing them and it's part of the reason they signed MacEwen and Imama.
The way Zac fights though, Arber imo, would absolutely kill him

no idea why would someone, let alone the Habs, want McDermid. but hey, if you really want him, a 7th should be enough. Avs could really use his 1M cap hit in something more serviceable.
lol you're not wrong. is he fully recovered from that lucic concussion?

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Xhekaj is a legitimate heavyweight who can actually play. There’s no need to bring in a goon with wifi on the team and it’s a waste of a roster spot a young guy could get.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Pezzetta doesn't shy away from fighting so it's fine. You don't need to "win" the fights to win the game.

Also, not exactly scared of 35 years old Lucic and 36 years old Reaves.

Lucic had 3 majors last season.
Reaves had 7 majors last season.

We are fine with Xhekaj and Pezzetta unless it's a trade of Armia for a fighter that can play reliably on the 4th line.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
MacDermid for that other 7D we took from you.

Forgot his name already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad