LW Rihards Bukarts - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2014 undrafted)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Everyone is a bit afraid, that he will turn out a bust. He currently has lulled in a warm place, so a change of scenery might do him well. But then again, he might easily become another typical PPG Euro in CHL who doesn't amount to much. Everything is in his own hands, as his contract with Dinamo, by what I've heard, isn't very binding. It's all about making right choices and working hard.

Exactly,plus if he plays in CHL he gets more recognition and a better chance at the first round in the draft.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Congrats on him. I'm going to guess it's worth more for him to stay in the KHL for a further a year or two regardless of if he is drafted to help him develop before moving over.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
He just got picked by Brandon Wheat Kings in the CHL Import Draft. Brandon had a high pick so I'd assume they already have a commitment from him.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Been a slow start for Bukarts in Brandon, but he scored an end to end goal tonight that might kickstart his season, and, be goal of the month!
The guy can skate, but he doesn't seem to know where to skate to. If he starts going to the net like tonight, he will get drafted, if not, he's destined for the Euro leagues....

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Got my first live look tonight. A few thoughts:

- a great skater. Good speed and agility
- surprisingly gritty. Throws hard hits and is hard on pucks
- very quick hands and a fine passer
- looks a tad undersized

Overall very impressed, though.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Bukarts with a goal yesterday hes now 7+13=20 points i really hope he gets his game together,cause i expected alot more from him.

SaskaToba

Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Really. At least when I've watched.

He has definitely got more physical, I think he is getting more accustomed to the North American game. Having trouble finding consistent linemates, seems to be on a different line every game I watch him so I have to figure his best had yet to come

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/1386440418

Nice Bukarts goal from the game against Broncos. Starting from 2:03

Was at this game. Kid has some serious hands.

Really like his game. He really could be a player. His top end speed did not seem to be great to me though. He agility and quickness was really good though, so maybe less of a concern. His defensive game definitely needs work as well.

It'll be interesting to see where/if he goes in the draft this year. Boom or bust prospect for the NHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Was at this game. Kid has some serious hands.

Really like his game. He really could be a player. His top end speed did not seem to be great to me though. He agility and quickness was really good though, so maybe less of a concern. His defensive game definitely needs work as well.

It'll be interesting to see where/if he goes in the draft this year. Boom or bust prospect for the NHL.

My prediction is he gets drafted in 3d or 4th round at best with his current stats,now if he wants to be drafted higher he NEEDS to start producing more and i know he has potential,something is just still not clicking with him in the team,maybe linemates? Idk.

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
My prediction is he gets drafted in 3d or 4th round at best with his current stats,now if he wants to be drafted higher he NEEDS to start producing more and i know he has potential,something is just still not clicking with him in the team,maybe linemates? Idk.

I can see him going higher. I'm just comparing him with other W guys I've seen live, as well as TV viewings of the others. Wouldn't be shocked if someone liked him as a mid 2nd - early 3rd.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
2 goals,+2 and star of the game in a 5:2 win

I hope 2+ point nights will become his standard, he is capable

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Any comments on this guy? I have seen his stats. However, i'd like to hear an opinion about his game. Has anyone watched him play lately?

P.S is he really only 5'9 as listed? If so, he has little chance to succeed.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I haven't seen him lately, but, at least in the first half of the year, he seemed to get better game by game, even period by period. In the beginning he was a real perimeter player, who hung around center ice looking for breaks. But, as he progressed you'd catch him breaking up the middle of the ice, coming back in his own zone, battling in front of the net and, most surprisingly for a guy his size, he's actually really physical and gritty. I've seen him throw a handful of open-ice hits this year that were just DEVASTATING. Really fun player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad