LW Marek Vanacker - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2024, 27th, CHI)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

In a 20 team league, Marek Vanacker was the 23rd overall selection in the first round by the Hamilton Bulldogs. This kid is a real competitor, he is relentless on the puck and seldom takes a shift off. For a player so young he already is a hound in front of the net. He will run your goalie like Chris Kreider because of how fearless this kid is. Skating needs some work as does a few other facets of his game but he’ll be a kid to watch goung forward.

OHL Rights: Hamilton Bulldogs
OHL Draft: Hamilton Bulldogs (R1, 2022, #23 Overall)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
How has he not been talked about since October of 2022?

3 point performance vs Mississauga. Up to 18 points in his last 10 games. Highly effective shooter who does really well keeping control of the puck in difficult situations. Playmaking has looked to have improved recently as well. Could find himself taken very high by the draft. Ranked 47th in Bob McKenzie's list. 25th by CS for NA's.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Someone on habs board who was scouting Xhekaj had very nice comments on Vanacker

Should rise in most rankings

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I love following draft eligible prospects and Vanacker had completely slid under the radar for me. He's definitely a first 3 rounds candidate with how he's playing.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Is he a guy that sneaks into the 1st? This is coming from someone not in love of many of the options there?

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Is he a guy that sneaks into the 1st? This is coming from someone not in love of many of the options there?
Fantastic second half of the season for him. I would say there's an absolute chance he slips into the first round and I'd have him in that 30-40 range right now personally. He's a point or two back from the pace of Barlow and Musty last season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What does this class mean? It’s not like it’s a particularly strong one with a bunch of depth and guys that are locks to go in the 1st.

Where I would rank him relative to other prospects in this class puts him in that range for me. In other classes he may be higher or lower.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Watching his film right now, not sure who the best comparable is for him, but I see a bit of Couture in there in the sense that he competes well, gets pucks, finds way to get the job done and score. Of course it would depend on what the board looks like, but starting around 25, I wouldn't mind taking him in that range.

Reactions: wetcoast and jfhabs

GiGi1994

Apr 28, 2020
You also deserve love !
Do you happen to have any scouting reports in french or only in English ?

GiGi1994

Apr 28, 2020
And where can we find your ranking once it is out ?
I am currently finishing my own ranking and want to compare my performance to all Quebec "amateur scouts" like TSLH espoir, Snake, etc. I'd like to add your as I think you put out good content as well !

Reactions: dr1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad