LW Lev Katzin - Toronto Marlboros, GTHL U16 (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Katzin is a fun player to watch, he plays the game with pace - he doesn‘t do anything at less that 110%. He reminds me a lot of Brad Marchand.

Katzin isn’t the biggest guy, looks no bigger than 5’10” but he always has his motor going and is always talking to the opposing team. He is a great skater that can easily blow by defenders at this level. I have seen him in multiple occaions use the Mohawk stride circling the offensive zone, awaiting for a opening to create a scoring chance. He isn’t afriad of the front of the net, or being pushed around by bigger players. Plays the game with a ton of heart. He is for sure a player to watch moving forward.

Reactions: Dominance

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 8+18=26 points in 38 games.
Having one of the better scoring seasons for a 2025 draft-eligible in the USHL this season. The real issue with his skillset is that he’s 5’8. Hard to see him staying at center at 5’8. He’ll probably have to move to winger, and then you get to whether he has elite skating and scoring skills for 5’8. I think both are pretty good for 5’8, but I think it’s hard to see him being any higher than a 3rd or 4th round pick, at earliest, without growing between now and the draft. Committed to Harvard for 2025-26.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad