LW Ilya Fedotov - Sochi, KHL (2021, 43rd, ARI)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Skilled Russian winger with a great shot and an electric pair of hands. Makes a lot of highlight reel plays, and they often end up in the back of the net. Decent playmaking instincts, but can lack awareness at times. I like his skating and his motor's not bad. Not a great defensive player. Ranked 28th by Central Scouting EU and 69th on McKenzie's midseason rankings, so could be a guy that surprises and goes as early as in the 2nd/3rd round.

Last edited:
Reactions: ms35 and Ulysses31

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Skilled Russian winger with a great shot and an electric pair of hands. Makes a lot of highlight reel plays, and they often end up in the back of the net. Decent playmaking instincts, but can lack awareness at times. I like his skating and his motor's not bad. Not a great defensive player. Ranked 28th by Central Scouting EU and 69th on McKenzie's midseason rankings, so could be a guy that surprises and goes as early as in the 2nd/3rd round.

Round 1 to Columbus book it.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Extended with Torpedo until the end of 2023/24 and has been loaned to Neftekhimik until the end of this season.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Extended with Torpedo until the end of 2023/24 and has been loaned to Neftekhimik until the end of this season.
My interpretation of this news is that he's graduating from juniors to the KHL with this loan agreement. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hopefully he gets decent time on ice.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
My interpretation of this news is that he's graduating from juniors to the KHL with this loan agreement. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hopefully he gets decent time on ice.
More like that he gets a chance to graduate there, as this season he clearly failed to impress the coaches at Torpedo (even though Larionov is willing to give opportunities to the young guys).

Reactions: lanky

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
12 points in 23 games for a 19 year old in the KHL seems pretty good. Would have liked to see him at the world juniors. Anyone have opinions on him? @Caser @Kshahdoo @Spitfirefan at this point in his development?

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
What would you say is the odds of him ever coming to Arizona?
He is now in Arizona, just at the dev camp. :)

However if we are talking about him potentially signing there I'd wait to see first if the rumors about him extending for 4 years are true. If yes, then likely he has decided to go with the "coming over when ready" strategy and as I'm quite skeptical of him as a player I wouldn't bet my money on him becoming NHL level player (totally won't mind to be wrong here though).

Reactions: Coyotes19c

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad