LW Emile Guite - Chicoutimi Sagueneens, QMJHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Guité should be a top selection in the upcoming QMJHL draft. Guité is a powerful skater, able to use his speed and deception In transiton to gain zone entry after zone entry. He see’s the ice well, he is equally as capable of being the primary driver of offence on his line as he is able to take a backseat and play a more supportive role to more talented linemates. He can play a powerforward like game and isn’t afraid of contact, In fact a lot of the time he initiates it. Guité was one of Quebec’s leading scorers at the youth olympics, scoring 9 points in 6 games on route to a bronze medal - He was apart of a deadly line that consisted of Caleb Desnoyers and Shawn Carrier. He also won the league championship for Saint-Hyacinthe in the QM18AAA.
Definitely a kid to watch over the coming years. It’ll be interesting to see how things play out for the kid.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
To be honest, Guite's skating is probably his weaker point, at times he can't be the main play driver because of it. That said, he's so quick to process the game that when he doesn't have time to carry the puck himself, he is always quick to execute smart passes to help transition the puck forward. His hockey sense, his hands and his shooting ability are really what stand out for him. He's going to score a nasty amount of goals in juniors. He reminds me a bit of Maxim Massé last year who translated really well to the QMJHL.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
To be honest, Guite's skating is probably his weaker point, at times he can't be the main play driver because of it. That said, he's so quick to process the game that when he doesn't have time to carry the puck himself, he is always quick to execute smart passes to help transition the puck forward. His hockey sense, his hands and his shooting ability are really what stand out for him. He's going to score a nasty amount of goals in juniors. He reminds me a bit of Maxim Massé last year who translated really well to the QMJHL.
Has also had the rise throughout the year Massé did also.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Huge fan of Guite. Plays such a fun brand of hockey. His hands, sense, shooting, and passing are elite, elite, elite. He has this ability to corral tough passes and fire them on goal instantly.

His skating isn't good, but he's 6'2. Maybe he's Jason Robertson. I can see this holding him back from being a top 5-10 pick, but he should be a first round pick next year and could end up outplaying it eventually. If he was a good skater I'd be suggesting he's a potential top 5 pick. He's very good outside of the skating.

Reactions: Nevins

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Except for Michael Misa, I don't see any Canadian forward eligible in 2025 clearly ahead of Desnoyers and Guité. However, I was skeptical about their statistics in Pee Wee, Bantam and even Midget as well as the fact that Zachary Morin was considered the best QBC 2007 for a long time but between their collective success last year, their start to the season in Q in teams that are not easy and their performance in this U17 tournament, they are clearly 2 and 3 in my hierarchy of Canadian forwards... currently.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
1 point off the tournament lead. Has 7+3=10 points in 7 games. Leads the tournament in goals. He's also 2 points ahead of any of the non-American players, and the American players usually dominate the scoring charts at this tournament because of how cohesive and stacked that team usually is compared to the other rosters.

He can't skate, but the offensive game is elite. I think he's a Jason Robertson.

Reactions: Dominance

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Saw him live 2x time this year

-Great offensive instincts, great hockey IQ. Always in good position.
- Quick release, know where to aim.
- Surprise me with his passing ability on the PP and his transition
- Was strong in puck battle. Very impressive for a 16yo against 19yo.

- His skating is very bad and ankward. Really a big ? for next level.

Also would love to mention that he's a top kid. He's in my top 3 that i've met in the last 20 years around the Q and OHL. Just an amazing human-being.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
GOATE has scored in a franchise record for a rookie 6 straight games. 11+11=22 points in 22 games. Leads Q rookies in scoring by one over Desnoyers.

Reactions: Dominance

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The U17 tournament seems to have made him aware of his level. He has been very productive since this tournament.

I could never have thought that he and Desnoyers were so strong.

Without having big statistics, they won the QMAAA and participated in the Telus Cup final.

Really big national players.

Currently, both have the profile of a top 12 draft 2025. Canadian forwards born in 2007 after McKenna and Misa.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leads Canada through two games with 3+2=5 points in 2 games.

He’s the magic man in the offensive zone. Elite shot, but he processes plays so quickly and has wonderful skill, hands, and passing also for a player who is strong with decent size. If only he could skate he’d be top 2-3 no doubt.

Second tournament in a row he’s played for Canada he’s outscoring McKenna (I know, I know, I’m joking but his scoring deserves more respect as he always seems to out produce everyone else for scoring).

First Quebecois to be top 10 since Laffy?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yet another tournament he leads Canada in points. 3+4=7 points in 5 games. He’s the type of player that’ll have two points and you’ll wonder how it possibly happened. He’s that dangerous with the puck in the offensive zone. Always a threat to score or set up a player.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad