LW Alexandre Blais - Rimouski Océanic, QMJHL (2024, 100th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA

Blais is coming off a five assist game and is putting up solid numbers in his D-1 so far with Rimouski, 12 points in 14 games and second on his team in scoring. He is a late birthday and I have not been able to get a good look at him yet, but seems like he could be a player to monitor moving forward.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
If he can maintain his production, he will certainly be drafted in the first three rounds, despite his size. I think after seeing how well Dumais has progressed since his draft season, teams will be averse to letting him fall deep into the 3rd round.

blais production.PNG

A lot of success stories from players in his production range, many of whom went in the 1st round.

A quote from The Hockey News about him:

11 goals, 11 assists, 22 points in 16 games

The QMJHL has struggled to produce high-end draft talent recently, but this year’s group seems to be a bit better than the last few. No 2024 draft-eligible prospect in the 'Q' has scored more to this point than undersized Rimouski forward Alexandre Blais.

The diminutive winger has added a good release to this game this year, which has made him a far more dangerous player. His passing and vision have always been a strength, understanding where his teammates are in the offensive zone and feathering passes through traffic to set up dangerous scoring chances.

And a twitter clip, also from THN article.

I think an NHL comparable is Alex Barre-Boulet, who has historically also been a below-average skater, who made up for it with work-ethic and IQ.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
18 goals, about 60 points in 42 games.
3rd most points in the QMJHL

about 20 point lead within team.
(have they traded players this season?)

leads the team in assists, second in goals
also leads the team in ppg, played games, shots on goal,
pp points, pp assists

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Could be a kid to watch - not overly familiar with his game, good vision in the offensive zone.

That’s the only note I have on him lol
I was impressed with his puck distribution under pressure. Seems to make correct decisions in the flow of the game.

Oct 18, 2011
Anaheim have pretty much picked all guys with considerable size...except for this guy, so he very clearly had to be the best player on their board

Reactions: Kalv and Rooch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad