Prospect Info: Luke Hughes - part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yea with the size and number, It's easier to confuse Haula for Jack than it will be Luke.
I'm not exactly sure how it's possible to make this mistake...but I thought Bahl was Jack on a few occasions this year..

What kind of world do we live in where there can be two hockey players on the same team with numbers in 80's?

We're going to hell in a handbasket.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Just jack treatment Luke, it's not that hard

Have him tough it out for a season as he adjusts to speed. Would having him on bottom pairing really be that bad?

Bahl being able to handle a top 4 role would really go a long way. I’ve mentioned Bahl replacing Graves and Luke replacing Sevo. You’re probably losing some value there for next year but they’re only going to get better and could probably do an adequate enough job

You know what's going to to be cool? Having next years OT options as Hughes-Bratt-Hughes and Hischier-Mercer-Hamilton

Timo?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Bahl being able to handle a top 4 role would really go a long way. I’ve mentioned Bahl replacing Graves and Luke replacing Sevo. You’re probably losing some value there for next year but they’re only going to get better and could probably do an adequate enough job

Timo?
Yeah I’d go Hischier-Timo-Hamilton

Reactions: Hisch13r

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Luke can't replace Severson...long term perhaps but in the short term, it would be absolutely foolish if not straight out stupid to use Luke as a RHD with his current level of defensive ability.

Reactions: nugg

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Luke can't replace Severson...long term perhaps but in the short term, it would be absolutely foolish if not straight out stupid to use Luke as a RHD with his current level of defensive ability.
I’m not saying you toss him at RD. I don’t give a shit about him replacing him as the 3RD. You’re looking at him to replace Sevo’s impact. Go find a 3RD for a 1-2 year deal and Smith is your 7

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
So Luke's cap hit can only be a max of $1.85M? Nemec's AAV is $4.2M so that is quite a difference and could be helpful over the next two years if he is taking 2.35M less than he could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad