Value of: Lucic with Edmonton's First Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This would be a boneheaded move for several reasons.

1) Edmonton needs to focus on internal development. They actually have a decent prospect pool for once in terms of depth, but it still needs a couple more blue chip prospects, especially a puck moving dman, which this pick will very likely be.

2) Lucic has a an all-time low value. For once Edmonton, don't trade your asset at an all-time low.

3) Lucic won't be this bad next year. He won't be worth 6m, but he won't be this bad. I see him bouncing back to 20g, 40-50 pts.

4) Why waste assets to make cap room, when there aren't many ways to spend that money this summer anyways?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
We need to stop having these "Value of Edmonton's 1st" threads, we know they're winning the lottery and collectively pretending that isn't a forgone conclusion just makes this business more insulting.

Reactions: ck26

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We need to stop having these "Value of Edmonton's 1st" threads, we know they're winning the lottery and collectively pretending that isn't a forgone conclusion just makes this business more insulting.

Yup ! I did the lottery about 15 times came up with Edmonton as the winner 3 time 4 times came in 2nd and another 4 times 3rd :) . Did not want a high draft pick but now we here it would be great to see the fans on HF cry for the next 10 years if Edmonton won it :vhappy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad