LT's Auction Game v4 - Rules & Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Rules
  • The objective is to build the best team for the 2024-25 season.
  • Salary cap: 100M
  • Minimum bid: 1M
  • Bids must be made in 0.1M increments
  • You can bid on as many players as you want.
  • You cannot decrease a bid once it has been submitted.
  • Each day a group of players will be released around 9pm EST. You will have 24 hours to PM me your offers for each player (nothing else besides the highest money matters). Each player will sign to the highest bidder at the end of the 24 hours, at which time the next grouping will be released.
  • There will be 15 days worth of bidding for each GM to build their 20 man roster (12F, 6D, 2G), followed by voting. Each day will have on average 2 players per team. If you want, you may go up to a 23 man roster. No more than 14F, 8D, and 3G are allowed per team.
  • Players who receive no bids will be temporarily removed from the game. They may be made available after all initial days of bidding are complete.
  • Buy-outs: If you want to get rid of a player you won, you can do this up to 5 times per game. There will be a corresponding cap penalty. The penalty scales with the player's cap hit. At the low end, a player with a 1M cap hit will have a 10% (.1M) cap penalty applied if bought out. At the high end, a player with a 10M cap hit will have a 100% (10M) cap penalty applied. Anything over a 10M cap hit results in a 100% penalty. If you are interested in the formula, I can share this separately.
  • Buy outs can not be made until after Day 10 results have been posted.
  • Bought out players will re-enter the pool of players and will be added to a "runoff" Day 16. More details about this later.
  • Cap hits are rounded with a ceiling function to the nearest .1M. For example, 5.11M and 5.19M are both rounded to 5.2M.
  • There are formulaic protections in place to prevent you from going over 25 players (20 roster players + 5 bought out players) and 110M in total cap hits. This does not guarantee that can maneuver your way out of going over the cap. These protections are put in place to protect you from busting but are not foolproof. Additionally, this may result in some of your bids being voided. This will go in order of players listed on the forms if necessary.
  • Ties: In the event of a tied bid, I will ask each person involved in the tie what is the maximum bid they are willing to do. Whoever re-bids higher will get the player. Each person in the re-bid will have the 24 hours to re-bid on that player, but the player will sign as soon as all people involved reply. If neither person involved in the tie bid is willing to up their offer at all, I will flip a coin.
  • Players available played at least one NHL game during the 2023-2024 regular season. A handful of exceptions will be made for exceptional prospects and injured players. I am happy to take requests on players being added, but there is no guarantee just by asking they will be included.
  • *all rules are subject to change*
  • *my discretion will be used as needed*
  • Shoutout to m0pe for drafting the original ruleset!

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You may now select teams.

Any team name is fine, we're not limited to just NHL teams.

Please provide the full name (capitalized correctly) and a 3 letter abbreviation, like this:

Houston Aeros
HOU

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
My team selection:

Houston Aeros
HOU

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Bikini Bottom Stars

(BBS)

is-mayonnaise-an-instrument-v0-0fjwiu3j9nsa1.jpg

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
For those of you not already in our Discord, we have a server dedicated just to these GM games. There's more regular discussion and lots of info.

We'll also be doing live announcements (with gifs!) in the discord each day.

PM me if you're interested in joining.

Reactions: McDoused

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you do not pick a team by the time I send out codewords, you will be randomly assigned an NHL team

Welcome to change this afterward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad