Proposal: Los Angeles Kings Major Re-Tool

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
LA is trending downward and I think they need a bit of a shake up, and have to rid themselves of some dead weight (Dustin Brown). I don't think they should trade for futures, but rather target young players who should soon be hitting their primes.

:kings2
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Darrell Nurse
Nail Yakupov

:edmonton
Jake Muzzin

Los Angeles gets a great Center who's prime to takeover one of the other aging Centers they have, a hard nosed defenceman who plays the Kings style of game, and a speedy project in Yak. Edmonton gets a superb LD to play with Larsson.

Dan Girardi

:rangers
Dustin Brown

Both teams have dead weight who could use a change of scenary, Girardi's style suits the Western Conference much better, especially LA. Dustin Brown could bring the leadership required to get the Rangers over the hump and finally go for the cup.

Adam Kempe
Jordan Nolan

:sabres
Evander Kane

Evander Kane is clearly having some issues with Buffalo and LA is a place where he can shine, he loves the celebrity that comes with the sport and what better place to be than LA. The Sabres get a top prospect and a great winger who can mentor the young team.

Justin Faulk
:canes
Marian Gaborik
2017 1st Round Pick

Carolina gets a much needed offensive boost, and LA gets one of the best young RD in the league.

Carl Hagelin
Steve Cogliano

:ducks2

Kyle Clifford
Teddy Purcell
Tanner Pearson

LA gets much faster and the Ducks get big physical players who fit their style much better.

Valeri Nichushkin

:stars
Rob Scuderi

Nichushkin wants out of Dallas, Dallas desperately needs defence after losing Goligoski, Demers, and Russell.

Kane - Kopitar - Nichushkin
Yakupov - Carter - Toffoli
Cogliano - RNH - Hagelin
King - Shore - Lewis

McNabb - Doughty
Nurse - Faulk
Martinez - Girardi

Quick
Zatkoff

This team is younger, faster, and meaner than before and I think we could find ourselves back in the finals. Without mortgaging our future as it's actually building a team of young players with many years to come.

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Most of those trades favour the Kings by a huge margin, I won't speak for other fan bases, but the Oiler deal is crazily lop sided in the Kings favour, like one of worst deals I have seen on here.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Most of those trades favour the Kings by a huge margin, I won't speak for other fan bases, but the Oiler deal is crazily lop sided in the Kings favour, like one of worst deals I have seen on here.
Yakupov is worth a 3rd rounder apparently, and I know they were rumored to be shopping RNH for a Defenceman. What would you do for McNabb?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Hagelin doesn't even play for the Ducks anymore, and who the hell is Steve Cogliano?

This has to be some sort of a joke. :laugh:

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
RNH, Nurse, and Yakupov for McNabb. Jesus man.
oP4FzK3.jpg

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
im having a hard time picking out which is the worst trade in this thread.
oilers give up a lot for a #4dman...faulk for a late 1st + cap dump?
nichcuskin for scuderi straight up? ruff

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Carl Hagelin
Steve Cogliano

:ducks2

Kyle Clifford
Teddy Purcell
Tanner Pearson

LA gets much faster and the Ducks get big physical players who fit their style much better.

I'm interested to know how you plan on getting a Penguins player in Hagelin from the Ducks.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Muzzin >>>> McNabb

Your a Kings fan and your attempting to sell McNabb as more valuable than Muzzin?

I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm from LA and they're one of my other teams. I don't watch the Kings much but I always see him ahead of Muzzin on depth charts and there's been a lot of threads about how great McNabb is.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
whose steve cogliano? since when does hagelin play for the ducks

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm from LA and they're one of my other teams. I don't watch the Kings much but I always see him ahead of Muzzin on depth charts and there's been a lot of threads about how great McNabb is.

I'd like to see this depth chart you speak of. Doughty, Muzzin, Martinez are all clearly better than McNabb.

As for the changed OP is close value wise but LA wouldn't trade Muzzin, he's extremely underrated and a true top pairing defenceman.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Seriously though, if Edmonton were interested in trading that for a top pairing defenseman, I'd think they'd call the Hurricanes about Faulk.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad