Pre-Game Talk: Look ahead to our next los- errrr game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Let's hope the Sharks end up travel weary and play like fish out of water! :D

Mr Scarface*

This game will be almost impossible to win like tom cruise for sure. The Sharks are easily one of the best teams in the league. Their play is so fast and steady it'll crumble almost any team. Our system and game book don't do us any good.... our D can't get the puck fast enough to our forwards, so we will be in so many troubles I can't even dare to think about it. Liles should be dressed to kill at some point. He passes that itchy nicely to the left hand side. He has puck control skills ans passing ability.

But yes, sharks will win. I'm more interested to see if carlyle keeps his temples... I mean eyes on the paper and certain players. He (carly) will keep on pressing kessel and phaneuf. He wants to see them doing something really exceptional on the ice. That's leadership if it happens. Hit hard, do a special goal, push some sucker, or duck some sucker hard. It can be anything really. So it doesn't matter if we lose because the team and carlyle learn something important during this process. After that we can win cups ans cups. Rings for Carlyle even more. Carlyle knows the sharks pretty well from the ducks days. He is a much more harder coach than todd koala mclellan. Carlyle will make the other squat hard, but it only happens in toughness during this game. Sharks will be a better team in speed and in controlling the small black puck. They will score goals with their talented offensive minded team. It's interesting to see some calculations concerning the shot total by you guys. Those awful numbers might be close, so we need a patricko roy type of sick goaltending game here. It won't happen.

Carlyle is a sexy beast like sir Ben Kingsley and he'll prevail in the end. But that means the playoffs. Toronto Maple Leafs are built for those games. Leafs are not built for the stupid useless regular season. These games don't matter dick.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
If we don't put forth our best effort it's going to be a blowout 6/7-1. If we fight hard (which I think we will after some disgusting hockey last 4 games) we'll still lose 4-2.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
This game will be almost impossible to win like tom cruise for sure. The Sharks are easily one of the best teams in the league. Their play is so fast and steady it'll crumble almost any team. Our system and game book don't do us any good.... our D can't get the puck fast enough to our forwards, so we will be in so many troubles I can't even dare to think about it. Liles should be dressed to kill at some point. He passes that itchy nicely to the left hand side. He has puck control skills ans passing ability.

But yes, sharks will win. I'm more interested to see if carlyle keeps his temples... I mean eyes on the paper and certain players. He (carly) will keep on pressing kessel and phaneuf. He wants to see them doing something really exceptional on the ice. That's leadership if it happens. Hit hard, do a special goal, push some sucker, or duck some sucker hard. It can be anything really. So it doesn't matter if we lose because the team and carlyle learn something important during this process. After that we can win cups ans cups. Rings for Carlyle even more. Carlyle knows the sharks pretty well from the ducks days. He is a much more harder coach than todd koala mclellan. Carlyle will make the other squat hard, but it only happens in toughness during this game. Sharks will be a better team in speed and in controlling the small black puck. They will score goals with their talented offensive minded team. It's interesting to see some calculations concerning the shot total by you guys. Those awful numbers might be close, so we need a patricko roy type of sick goaltending game here. It won't happen.

Carlyle is a sexy beast like sir Ben Kingsley and he'll prevail in the end. But that means the playoffs. Toronto Maple Leafs are built for those games. Leafs are not built for the stupid useless regular season. These games don't matter dick.

beutifully spoken, sporanos. beautifully spoken

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
It's all doom and gloom around here but what happens if we ring off 5 straight wins? Then what?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Too bad you have to actually WIN a majority of your regular season games to be allowed to play any playoff games. ;)

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
There better be changes to the roster for this next game, or it's another recipe for failure.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There better be changes to the roster for this next game, or it's another recipe for failure.

I think Carlyle is too stubborn for what he has on his hands. He NEEDS to make a change because what he's doing is not working.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Will be funny to watch big Joe and Burns run over our defense.

This is why I hope Gleason is indeed a Leaf by mid-week. Reports say He will be moved, hope he is waving his NTC to the GTA. If he plays like he did to the 11-12 season. He will help Dion out immensely.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This is why I hope Gleason is indeed a Leaf by mid-week. Reports say He will be moved, hope he is waving his NTC to the GTA. If he plays like he did to the 11-12 season. He will help Dion out immensely.

and we just swap Liles?

I firmly believe that we're going to do well against the Sharks on Tuesday :)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
and we just swap Liles?

What makes you believe that? The Sharks are 8-1-1 in their last 10 while the Leafs are 3-4-3 and had embarrassing performance after embarrassing performance this past week. With no roster or staff changes, what makes you think this game will be different?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
and we just swap Liles?

Dreger seems to think so, he also hinted the Leafs deal for a Center(Holland) not too long ago. There is another part of it that either the Canes want to lose a salary, but I have no idea how the Leafs would take on more Salary unless they traded someone else off the roster. Only guy I can think of is Kulemin. Mclaren has not played in a couple of games, lots of moving parts. Stay tuned something interesting may be brewing.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
What makes you believe that? The Sharks are 8-1-1 in their last 10 while the Leafs are 3-4-3 and had embarrassing performance after embarrassing performance this past week. With no roster or staff changes, what makes you think this game will be different?

Hope?
Faith?

I don't know.
but It's a new month so maybe things will work out for the best :)

the way I see it is this:

if the Leafs can shake off this slump and start playing well, yay.
if they get smoked or play totally horrendous - maybe a change will come.

once again - for me, even though there's no evidence in the contrary, I'm choosing to believe in the positive :) (so I might get my heart broken like I did last week - or I'll be proven right) :)

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
we play good against good teams and very badly against bad teams. Still i hope we come out .500 out of this stretch

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
tough stretch starts now.

Got a feeling we're going to start playing well. Playing down to the level of the opposition is over now we get to play up to the level of competition and get some unexpected wins so Carlyle can become a god around here again

I think we can too. Why do people see a tough stretch? This week, S.J. Dallas and Ottawa. Only SJ is a really tough one. Next week will be the harder one. We can get some points this week if they really want.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Shake it.

Jvr-Bozak-Kessel
Leivo-Kadri-Raymond
Kulemin-Holland-Clarkson
Broll-Mcclement-Ashton

Rielly-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Gunnarsson

Pp
Jvr-Bozak-Kessel
Kadri-Phaneuf

Leivo-Holland-Clarkson
Rielly-Franson

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hope?
Faith?

I don't know.
but It's a new month so maybe things will work out for the best :)

the way I see it is this:

if the Leafs can shake off this slump and start playing well, yay.
if they get smoked or play totally horrendous - maybe a change will come.

once again - for me, even though there's no evidence in the contrary, I'm choosing to believe in the positive :) (so I might get my heart broken like I did last week - or I'll be proven right) :)

But what has changed from November 30th to December 1st? Nothing. To shake off the slump, something different has to happen and from what I see, nothing different has happened. Something needs to budge or change because otherwise, this team is in for a rough couple of weeks.

For the record, I hope we beat the Sharks too, obviously.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The goalie that plays just has to stop about 50 shots (low estimate). This one is not going to be pretty at all.

If the Leafs have the puck for 20 minutes out of the 60, I'll call it a win and move on regardless of the score.

Baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad