London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
I think we can say Willmore is losing the starting job. Medvedev is the future and I believe will be out #1 this year
The knights game was Knight and day different from their last game. D was tighter and didn't allow as many scoring opportunities. I agree Medvedev is the future but I do not have an issue doing tandem with he and Willmore.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Been saying this, it’s absolutely happening.
Julien’s value > Willmore
Leonard’s value > Willmore
Sim’s value > Willmore.
Last year Knights started 15-10, and then Sim came back….Knights would only lose 4 games in regulation the rest of the year.
Willmore is not worth the OA card.
He's played one game with a depleted squad. Give it some time...Willmore has proven in the past he's good enough to hang with the Knights. But I'm not gonna lie....picking who stays and who goes is not going to be easy.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
He's played one game with a depleted squad. Give it some time...Willmore has proven in the past he's good enough to hang with the Knights. But I'm not gonna lie....picking who stays and who goes is not going to be easy.
It’s hard to let go of Willmore’s experience, but who would you cut instead of him? Given the options and the depth of skates if you let one of them go, it’s just seems to make most sense. I wouldn’t want to be the one making the decision. But I’m curious who would you let go?

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I’d take him ahead of Nurmi, easily! Not saying I don’t like him but it looks like it’s going to take him a bit to get adjusted to the league. Johnstons productivity would absolutely have him getting top 9 Icetime.

Also, the post wasn’t “about other teams”, it’s about a former Knight. People do that all the time.
Nurmi will show more than Johnston as the year progresses, easily.

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
It’s hard to let go of Willmore’s experience, but who would you cut instead of him? Given the options and the depth of skates if you let one of them go, it’s just seems to make most sense. I wouldn’t want to be the one making the decision. But I’m curious who would you let go?
Like I said before it would be tough. But, if I wanted the most bang for my buck it would be Julien. Kid has great numbers, he's drafted, he's had some hype at times with his name so I think we would be able to get quite a bit in return for him and I think we'd still be as good. But, it depends on what they want to do. We need Leonard that's forsure. Before many posters were writing him off but he carries a ton of value. And if we decided to trade him I do not see a huge return for him like I see for Julien. You have to consider what makes you better now and in the future & what hurts you now if you take a certain player out. I just feel Julien can be replaced more then I see the other 3 being replaced within the group we have.

But it's very hard to replicate the chemistry with Julien and Bonk.

I'm just glad we have Mark on our team to make these calls.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The knights game was Knight and day different from their last game. D was tighter and didn't allow as many scoring opportunities. I agree Medvedev is the future but I do not have an issue doing tandem with he and Willmore.
I thought that as well. Medvedev looked calm and collected, much better than Willmore and made the saves but the team in front of him allowed way less Grade A chances tonight too. A lot of London getting sticks in lanes and breaking up plays and a little of Flint not being able to finish. With a very small sample size he does look like he might be the guy though.

Reactions: zman77 and rve24

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Like I said before it would be tough. But, if I wanted the most bang for my buck it would be Julien. Kid has great numbers, he's drafted, he's had some hype at times with his name so I think we would be able to get quite a bit in return for him and I think we'd still be as good. But, it depends on what they want to do. We need Leonard that's forsure. Before many posters were writing him off but he carries a ton of value. And if we decided to trade him I do not see a huge return for him like I see for Julien. You have to consider what makes you better now and in the future & what hurts you now if you take a certain player out. I just feel Julien can be replaced more then I see the other 3 being replaced within the group we have.
We hold onto Leonard until Bonk and Dickinson come back and then Leonard or Sim is moved but I think it’s Leonard.

We have to let our defense develop. Leonard, Woolley and Brzustwicz are vying for a second pairing role on D. We really need them to develop so when Bonk and Dickinson are gone next year. Leonard won’t be here next year..

Then we have Jenken, Fagan, Spencer, Mitchell vying for a bottom third pairing this year. There just isn’t space.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

But it's very hard to replicate the chemistry with Julien and Bonk.

I'm just glad we have Mark on our team to make these calls.
Well thought out. I would actually be fine with that trade.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
With regards to the Kaeden Johnston trade we the fans don’t know what happens behind closed doors. The kid and his advisors could have seen with all the returnees that he was not going to play a prominent role in London and asked to leave? We all know Mark and Dale do what is best for the kids chances to make the NHL regardless (within reason?) of the team’s success. I still believe this reason is why all these kids want to come hear. If it doesn’t workout hear Mark will move you on and give you a chance!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Not shaping up to be a great season for the Rags…. Can’t half go for it every year without bottoming out.
Just about a year ago, many Knights fans on these very pages had written London Knights off for the season just two months into it at the end of November. London did win the OHL Championship as top of the regular and playoffs at the end of the season. Kitchener Rangers, only 2 games in and still in September, we are reading similar words on these pages, let's just wait until their coaches have a chance to work their team in their system before writing this team out.

Reactions: LDN

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Just about a year ago, many Knights fans on these very pages had written London Knights off for the season just two months into it at the end of November. London did win the OHL Championship as top of the regular and playoffs at the end of the season. Kitchener Rangers, only 2 games in and still in September, we are reading similar words on these pages, let's just wait until their coaches have a chance to work their team in their system before writing this team out.
Difference is that we all knew that London had the roster to be great last season. Once you tune out the reactionaries, you understood they'd be fine. Kitchener doesn't have a great roster. It's got talent but they are young. They won't be 12-2 bad all the time but they aren't going to be real threat either. They can sneak into the playoffs but they're going to have some tough nights this year.

Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Difference is that we all knew that London had the roster to be great last season. Once you tune out the reactionaries, you understood they'd be fine. Kitchener doesn't have a great roster. It's got talent but they are young. They won't be 12-2 bad all the time but they aren't going to be real threat either. They can sneak into the playoffs but they're going to have some tough nights this year.
Did we now, the words on these pages did not justify your claim

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Did we now, the words on these pages did not justify your claim

Just look at the rosters. Kitchener doesn't have anyone on the Bonk/Cowan/Barkey/Dickinson tier of players. They have Romano/Ried/Lam, but they are all 17 years old. Their best drafted players are from the later rounds of the NHL draft and are not star players. We are talking 3 NHL drafted picks on Kitchener this season versus 10 on the Knights last season.

The arguments for the Knights retooling last year centered around the fact that Bonk/Cowan/Barkey/Dickinson are still eligible for the OHL this season (and should be returning). If the team hadn't gelled the way they did last season, this season could have easily been an equally good year for contention. It still should be a competitive season for the Knights this year, but there is a lack of depth this season compared to last year.

In contrast, there is no scenario where Kitchener has the team to compete this season. They are too young with 0 star 18 or 19 year old players.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Just look at the rosters. Kitchener doesn't have anyone on the Bonk/Cowan/Barkey/Dickinson tier of players. They have Romano/Ried/Lam, but they are all 17 years old. Their best drafted players are from the later rounds of the NHL draft and are not star players. We are talking 3 NHL drafted picks on Kitchener this season versus 10 on the Knights last season.

The arguments for the Knights retooling last year centered around the fact that Bonk/Cowan/Barkey/Dickinson are still eligible for the OHL this season (and should be returning). If the team hadn't gelled the way they did last season, this season could have easily been an equally good year for contention. It still should be a competitive season for the Knights this year, but there is a lack of depth this season compared to last year.

In contrast, there is no scenario where Kitchener has the team to compete this season. They are too young with 0 star 18 or 19 year old players.
That is right, just look at the Rangers roster, I for one last year kept on defending London Knights against all the bad talking that was going on in these pages, I kept writing in my posts, "they will be fine" all through the season. I am going to state another comment right here. Based on the roster I've watched thus far and their talent on the ice, and any upcoming trade if any. "This Kitchener Rangers team will be just fine" this season

Reactions: LDN

MikeBossy14

Jan 14, 2018
Ingersoll
That is right, just look at the Rangers roster, be fine" all through the season. I am going to state another comment right here. Based on the roster I've watched thus far and their talent on the ice, and any upcoming trade if any. "This Kitchener Rangers team will be just fine" this season
Kitchener is not fine they are rebuilding they have no great serviceable players right now at the ages of 18 and 19. They had 4 rookies on defence last night . Repkhof was traded for the right return for that rebuild and you will probably see a few more trades coming . Everyone is back from pro camp , so there is no help coming.

Reactions: Section5Petes

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Year before was worse. 3/4 would have been shipped out and started from rock bottom if some had their way

Thank god they didn’t. When best GM in OHL is at the helm you give him the benefit of the doubt without fail

dino200022

Kitchener is not fine they are rebuilding they have no great serviceable players right now at the ages of 18 and 19. They had 4 rookies on defence last night . Repkhof was traded for the right return for that rebuild and you will probably see a few more trades coming . Everyone is back from pro camp , so there is no help coming.
To be fair Ellinas is a solid player, but that is about as far as it goes in players 18 and up. Andonovski is a serviceable D man that teams will covet at some point. But the cupboard is bare in 05's and 06's

Are we allowed to talk about this though, the Otto police might come after us.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Agree to Kitchener are rebuilding, however, disagree with no serviceable players on this year, check out their draftees on their roster. Kitchener has drafted really well they have great talent in progress as the season advance, this team will be stronger come February/March as these young players are getting more playing ice time, somewhat similar as London did last year. Not saying they will be as strong as London, but they will be a very good team near playoffs time. London with a depleted team lost 7-4 Friday night at home, same team with a rookie goalie went at it again last night playing the same team on the road, winning 5-2, that was just a sample of an abbreviation of Dale's system showing up last night with a very young lineup. Are you saying Kitchener can not do this once they put a system in play for all the players they drafted under the 5 rounds, may not be Dale's system but a system nevertheless for a spend of a full season? Don't take this team too lightly, as Flint found out last night, surprises could be in the making if you do.

Reactions: dino200022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad