London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 8)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I wonder if this could happen… no sources but just a thought. I have always liked Easton Wainrights game. He’s a gritty drive to the net kind of power forward despite his 5’10 size. Kinda reminds me of a Sandiis Vilmanis 2.0. Whereas Sim is a pain in the butt player with a bit of skills.

Would a trade involving Landon Sim for Wainwright be cool to unify the Sim brothers and finish his career where his father played?
Wainwright would probably be something like Van Gorp and picks.

Reactions: tjziel

stingwagoner

Dec 31, 2023
Might be better chance to get Lane Sim to come to London to play with brother in OA year. Don't see very good value in Landon Sim to to Sarnia at this stage anyway.

Reactions: howler2 and tjziel

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I wonder if this could happen… no sources but just a thought. I have always liked Easton Wainrights game. He’s a gritty drive to the net kind of power forward despite his 5’10 size. Kinda reminds me of a Sandiis Vilmanis 2.0. Whereas Sim is a pain in the butt player with a bit of skills.

Would a trade involving Landon Sim for Wainwright be cool to unify the Sim brothers and finish his career where his father played?
how does that make sense for sarnia?

Reactions: tjziel

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Congratulations to Tkachuck and an Stolarz as 2024 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
At least the Oilers played hard for the whole 60-minute duration of game seven, take-all win or lose. Going down fighting like there is no tomorrow. Got to feel for Bouchard's outstanding playoff performances, and Corey Perry at 39, and still being the Corey Perry we always knew

Reactions: zman77

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
At least the Oilers played hard for the whole 60-minute duration of game seven, take-all win or lose. Going down fighting like there is no tomorrow. Got to feel for Bouchard's outstanding playoff performances, and Corey Perry at 39, and still being the Corey Perry we always knew
Are u saying London didn't play hard in the Memorial Cup final? Just trying to read between the lines.
Aagghhh why bother.
JMO opinion but all the players in the SCF and MCF played hard. Maybe not the way you wanted based on numerous influences but they played hard.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Are u saying London didn't play hard in the Memorial Cup final? Just trying to read between the lines.
Aagghhh why bother.
JMO opinion but all the players in the SCF and MCF played hard. Maybe not the way you wanted based on numerous influences but they played hard.
In between lines or not, there is a history of predictability for playing one game take-all final games. If anyone watched the NHL final (given they are Professionals, yes) last night, they should be able to pinpoint the difference of what it means to leaving it all on the ice for the very last game, playing it without emotion is very dull and often leads to unsuccessful outcome

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
In between lines or not, there is a history of predictability for playing one game take-all final games. If anyone watched the NHL final (given they are Professionals, yes) last night, they should be able to pinpoint the difference of what it means to leaving it all on the ice for the very last game, playing it without emotion is very dull and often leads to unsuccessful
Have a good summer

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Why are people worrying about Hawery? Does the last 24 years mean nothing to you people? So they took a shot at Moore and missed. They did that with Werenski. And Vlasic. And Brady Tkachuk. Etc. It happens. Call me crazy, but I think Dale and Mark and the staff know what they’re doing. Yes, I’d like a few more Memorial Cup championships but it’s a weird tournament. Most fans are lucky to see one championship. We’ve seen two. Plus five OHL championships. Cripes.
Difference is Hawery and Moore were 1st overall picks while guys like Vlasic, Nazar, and Tkachuk, were drafted 4th and 5th round while Werenski was in the second round. Yes we've had amazing success but this new trend is not a great one.

But there's still time for him to sign. We will have to be patient and wait and see.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Difference is Hawery and Moore were 1st overall picks while guys like Vlasic, Nazar, and Tkachuk, were drafted 4th and 5th round while Werenski was in the second round. Yes we've had amazing success but this new trend is not a great one.

But there's still time for him to sign. We will have to be patient and wait and see.
There are no differences

Mark always said he'd pick the best available players at the time and position of their pick(s). Moore was a very logical pick, and no one on these thread pages ever criticized Mark of his choice. Today, after the fact, comes all kinds of criticisms

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021

It’s not a trend (yet) though. It’s happened one time with a first round pick and London was compensated with a slightly lower pick.

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
If london keeps selecting players that don't want to report, it's going to come back to haunt them eventually. Not a good look when you struggle for 2 years in a row to sign your 1st rounder. Someone in the 2008 born thread said he's signed, but if he did sign then london would've already posted it on social media. Which most likely means he hasn't signed. At this point though, hawery needs to make a decision sooner rather than later. If he isn't signed by early August, then just trade his rights away. Which would be too bad, because there were just as good of players that london could've selected in April that would've reported

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If london keeps selecting players that don't want to report, it's going to come back to haunt them eventually. Not a good look when you struggle for 2 years in a row to sign your 1st rounder.
London has long been accused of manipulating the draft. Have a kid say “no I’m going NCAA so don’t pick me” then the kid falls to London late in the first round. Who is to say these same players, agents and parents don’t say to London “pick my kid he will report” and then the kid backs out? I mean having London draft you as a backup plan is pretty sweet if you don’t get the NCAA or even USNP slot you wanted? I mean if it works one way has to possibly work the other as well? Cheers guys enjoy your summer seasons!

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
This is now the 2nd year they couldn't get their 1st rounder to report. That's the issue. Instead of taking a risk on a player who wants to go elsewhere, they should've selected someone who was willing to report. Also there must be a deadline to apply/report to colleges in the states, so he will need to make a decision soon

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
This is now the 2nd year they couldn't get their 1st rounder to report. That's the issue. Instead of taking a risk on a player who wants to go elsewhere, they should've selected someone who was willing to report. Also there must be a deadline to apply/report to colleges in the states, so he will need to make a decision soon
and you k is he’s not signing?

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
If he was interested, I think he would've signed by now. Still time, but if he isn't signed in August....

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If he was interested, I think he would've signed by now. Still time, but if he isn't signed in August....
and ill ask again, how do you know this? whats the rush to decide in June? for all we know the kid is signed and on a month long vacation before both sides want to make an annoucement.

or mark knows hes going to edmonton and wants rob simpson to make the announcement.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
If london keeps selecting players that don't want to report, it's going to come back to haunt them eventually. Not a good look when you struggle for 2 years in a row to sign your 1st rounder. Someone in the 2008 born thread said he's signed, but if he did sign then london would've already posted it on social media. Which most likely means he hasn't signed. At this point though, hawery needs to make a decision sooner rather than later. If he isn't signed by early August, then just trade his rights away. Which would be too bad, because there were just as good of players that london could've selected in April that would've reported
London organization are "not" a lazy team, I know some are going to find this controversial, but find another junior organization that out develops their players better than London. They can afford to pick first rounders and lose out on them, not like teams looking for players already developed and hoping for the best

Last edited:

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad