London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Great minds think alike. I also previously stated that I think Serron Noel and Nico Gross should be coming to London. Who knows if this will happen, but it’s makes sense for both sides, Oshawa gets veterans for next year when the plan to go for it next year, and we get rid of an import that is underperforming allowing us to hopefully draft another stud in the CHL import draft because Gross will be graduating next year. And Sean Josling does totally scream London to me as well.

No more Russians please. The last two imports from Finland were pretty good, and the last two from Sweden were pretty good too, so much so that one only played one preseason game with us.
So we should get rid of Steklov?
We had 2 Russians last year and the Hunters chose to keep the wrong one.
That's on them ,not Russia.

Reactions: Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
That's on them, not Russia.
Daniel Milstein is the Russian player agent who's supplied their last two Imports (Guskov and Steklov). We can do much better. Knights should steer clear of their Russian connection. Koly is not Russian, but Belarusian.

Daniel Milstein is the Russian player agent who's supplied their last two Imports (Guskov and Steklov). We can do much better. Knights should steer clear of their Russian connection. Koly is not Russian, but Belarusian.
Steklov has been a rock for us. I agree they missed on Guskov, but Steklov has been solid.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
I think they should be sellers this year. Too many unproductive players that should represent secondary scoring and inconsistent goal-tending.
Couple that with a tight western conference where most teams think they have a shot and the price for helpful players will be high. We would need too many players to make a long playoff run.
There is no depth on this team.

I think they should be sellers this year. Too many unproductive players that should represent secondary scoring and inconsistent goal-tending.
Couple that with a tight western conference where most teams think they have a shot and the price for helpful players will be high. We would need too many players to make a long playoff run.
I say sell too...and sell HUGE

The depth on this team equates to a kiddie pool...hell...a bird bath

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Which teams do you see rising to the top of the Conference? Saginaw seems likely to buy and Guelph has been there all season, although their extreme reliance on goaltending makes me skeptical. Kitchener and Sault Ste. Marie have been red hot and could move up in a hurry, but the latter is unlikely to buy. Windsor looks good, but won't go far without a goaltending addition.

London is in a good position to make additions if you ask me. The right players can make a huge difference and this is one of the rare years without an elite team. That probably won't be the case next season.

London is in a good position to make additions if you ask me. The right players can make a huge difference and this is one of the rare years without an elite team. That probably won't be the case next season.
With 3 cards(by my count) I don't think we can add enough to overcome our glaring lack of depth

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
That's on them ,not Russia.

Can’t argue that one at all. If memory serves me correctly we did trade Lucas Rowe for a “tidy” return just before we released Koly? Flint then tossed Rowe to Kingston for basically nothing? Perhaps Flint had a bit of say in which Player was to be released? :sarcasm: Maybe....?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Which teams do you see rising to the top of the Conference

It’s a total “crapshoot” IMO. Trade deadline movement will dictate who as I just think there are a few obvious good teams but who jumps all in will tell the story? Probably easier in the West to perhaps subtract the teams that won’t be at the top? Actually maybe not.....:laugh::laugh:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
With 3 cards(by my count) I don't think we can add enough to overcome our glaring lack of depth

By my count Knights have 5 cards to play with,and I am including Kooy,plus the 24 man current roster,not including but on B cards,are Mailloux, Chantler,and Osuka, not sure who I am missing.
As a non London fan hope I am wrong ha ha.

By my count Knights have 5 cards to play with,and I am including Kooy,plus the 24 man current roster,not including but on B cards,are Mailloux, Chantler,and Osuka, not sure who I am missing.
If we have 5 in the bank I'll be pleasantly shocked(using what I believe you used I now count 5 as well)

....we could have 15 and it wouldn't matter if they're not used correctly

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeylegend11

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

Some one mentioned earlier and I agree we need one or two (acquisitions) to be 2 year players. This team is still hurting from Marks time in Toronto as Assistant GM, the recent drafts have been horrible for the most part? Not typical Knights drafts, last year improved a little but we need this year to be a Homerun or we are going to witness something in London we haven’t seen for a long time. PAIN.... LOL

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If we indeed have 5 cards and buy...here's my list

Serron Noel
Nico Daws
Pavel Gogolev
Akil Thomas
Sean Josling

One can dream

That would for sure put us in the running this season....... no doubt! Not sure we have enough resources at this point though unless the market is softer then normal and we smoke a few sleeping GM’s? And NO PANWAR will not help us acquire this talent.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
IMO Ottawa wins the OHL title this year.
Just a notch better than the rest.
Very balanced,fast,skilled and they are upgrading for a bit of grit.
I like Peterborough but they have some work to do at the deadline. Both even if we load up will be tough to beat by a Western Team IMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad