Logo Tournament - New York Islanders vs. Seattle Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which logo do you like more?

• Total voters

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Which logo do you like more?

3911_new_york_islanders-primary-2018.png
seattle_kraken_logo_primary_20226314.png

R32R16QFSFSCFSFQFR16R32
CHI 106
STL 92

ANA 9
ARI 96

CGY 124
LAK 21

BOS 95
VAN 37

NYI
SEA

PHI
VGK

WPG
EDM

DET
SJS
CHI
ARI

CGY
BOS

TBD
TBD

TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

TBD
TBD

TBD
TBD

TBD
TBD
TOR
FLA

BUF
CAR

MIN
NSH

NYR
TBL

NJD
DAL

PIT
CBJ

OTT
COL

MTL
WSH

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I never understood what the orange Bloch in the middle of the islanders logo is suppose to be.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I never understood what the orange Bloch in the middle of the islanders logo is suppose to be.
That’s Long Island. The blue inverted part of it by the “I” is where Nassau Coliseum is, although this might actually be their updated one where Barclays Center is because that west-most part of it looks a lot like Brooklyn. I’m also unsure if they came out with a yet more updated logo with it pointed towards UBS Arena.

The four stripes on the stick also represents their four cups.

The Isles logo is superior in every way.

Last edited:
Reactions: sebsisles and Green

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The logo, jerseys, and overall look for Seattle is fantastic. It's the thing they got the most right when they joined the league.

The Islanders logo is an oldie and a goodie. It carries some nostalgia and history. But the Kraken logo is better looking, sharper, more interesting, and has a way more unique colour scheme.

Kraken.

Reactions: jetsforever

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The Kraken logo might be "better" in some respects, but it just feels so edgy teenager to me. Like it takes itself too seriously.

But the Isles logo, nostalgia aside...is actually a bit ugly and weird. Still lean toward NYI logo here.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Both good logos but prefer the Islanders. The Kraken logo is good and has the right idea but I think the execution could have been better. I have to say, I really like the Kraken alternate logo as someone who loves towers and skyscrapers. I think it is simple yet brilliant.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I went with the Islanders, I like Seattles logo, but think their white jersey may be the worst on the league.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
That’s Long Island. The blue inverted part of it by the “I” is where Nassau Coliseum is, although this might actually be their updated one where Barclays Center is because that west-most part of it looks a lot like Brooklyn. I’m also unsure if they came out with a yet more updated logo with it pointed towards UBS Arena.

The four stripes on the stick also represents their four cups.

The Isles logo is superior in every way.

Brooklyn and Queens are not on the logo at all. It’s never pointed to anywhere other than Uniondale.

Look at the ‘fingers’ on the top of Nassau and it’s easy to tell:

map-of-long-island.jpg

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Brooklyn and Queens are not on the logo at all. It’s never pointed to anywhere other than Uniondale.

Look at the ‘fingers’ on the top of Nassau and it’s easy to tell:

map-of-long-island.jpg
I stand corrected. But still, there’s I think a lot more detail in their logo that a lot of people don’t realize.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Feels like Isles are kind of just grandfathered into this one. I’m more of the school that logos should be something a kid can draw on their notebook or even adults can easily tattoo it. Long Island is not an easy thing to draw and that part just doesn’t do it for me as a logo. Kraken maybe leaned a little too far into cartoony but it’s a solid logo and I think better than NYI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad