Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Had the exact same reaction when I read Keefe's full record as Leafs coach.

It's actually wild that we didn't see even one or two more series wins in his time here.
the time to fire him was yes after MTL but 100000% 2 years ago when Cassidy and Deboer were available

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Its weird, Ottawa feels like a perfect trading partner this summer but I don't see a way we approach it.

Something like Chychrun + Norris for Marner seems like it'd make sense for both squads.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Its weird, Ottawa feels like a perfect trading partner this summer but I don't see a way we approach it.

Something like Chychrun + Norris for Marner seems like it'd make sense for both squads.
Eh idk, Norris has way too much risk associated with him in terms of health and play after coming back

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Question tomorrow:

"Do you think things would have gone differently against Boston if you had a different coach? If yes, who's mistake was it for not firing Keefe earlier? If no, why did you fire Keefe?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
He was hurt two playoffs. Was also a 30 goal pace man his last two seasons here without McDavid “bounce goals”. His game is built for the playoffs.
He isn't wrong about him being poor in the playoffs.

Never scored more than 1 goal for the Leafs.

It is what it is. He is gone and making us regret it everyday

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
He isn't wrong about him being poor in the playoffs.

Never scored more than 1 goal for the Leafs.

It is what it is. He is gone and making us regret it everyday
He had no knee one playoffs, it isn't a fair criticism imo but an easy one. I wanted him to stay and we could have if Dubas didn't overpay the stars, that's the cost of a half a million, here a mil there.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
He had no knee one playoffs, it isn't a fair criticism imo but an easy one. I wanted him to stay and we could have if Dubas didn't overpay the stars, that's the cost of a half a million, here a mil there.
But he was here for 5 playoffs.

That one I don't hold hold him responsible. I believe there was another he was pretty banged up.

But if you are going to hold some accountable, he too needs to be.

When he was healthy he didn't score. Not an easy narrative. It's fact

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
But he was here for 5 playoffs.

That one I don't hold hold him responsible. I believe there was another he was pretty banged up.

But if you are going to hold some accountable, he too needs to be.

When he was healthy he didn't score. Not an easy narrative. It's fact
He was coming on as a scorer through his tenure here. Also he lead the entire league in PK minutes one year, perhaps a deeper dive than simply saying goals everytime. Why are we holding him accountable? I'm talking about keeping him and saying at the time we'd regret it, all these supposed failures aside. It was regrettable subtraction, based on self inflicted incompetence, said it then, proven now.

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
He was coming on as a scorer through his tenure here. Also he lead the entire league in PK minutes one year, perhaps a deeper dive than simply saying goals everytime. Why are we holding him accountable? I'm talking about keeping him and saying at the time we'd regret it, all these supposed failures aside. It was regrettable subtraction, based on self inflicted incompetence, said it then, proven now.
I don't disagree.

No brainer if the 4 didn't eat half the cap

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

We had the money lol. You just said yourself he had one knee, and if I recall correctly he had the other one operated on as well. Surely you can see how giving a 30 year old grinder with two bad knees that hasn’t had a healthy season in 3 years an 8 year deal with an NMC is a big risk. If he would take 5.5 for 4 years no NMC he’d be a Leaf.

Every other 30/30 late prime grinder that got a retirement deal before him immediately blew up in the teams face, not one of those contracts aged well and half those guys were 4th liners or out of the league by year 4.

Reactions: Lauro and Sypher04

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

I would be asking for Brady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad