Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
Zack Hyman at 9 goals in the playoffs.

Even Dakota Joshua with 3 playoff goals.

Too bad these guys weren’t good enough for our previous GM, but we hung on to Kerfloof for dear life….

If guess their intensity and give a crap made them a bad fit for us?
Hyman was just as useless as the rest of our team in the playoffs when he was here. He wouldn't have been nearly this good had he stayed. Helps to have McDavid bounce goals off of you.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hyman was just as useless as the rest of our team in the playoffs when he was here. He wouldn't have been nearly this good had he stayed. Helps to have McDavid bounce goals off of you.
He was hurt two playoffs. Was also a 30 goal pace man his last two seasons here without McDavid “bounce goals”. His game is built for the playoffs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Just replace Keefe with Berube for this season that just ended, do they win the series? Maybe, but this roster ain’t getting by Florida. No matter if it’s Berube or Keefe. Coaching is not the be all end all.

Reactions: Brobust

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
The organization was teetering on the precipice in 2014. I believe there was a genuine chance that the Leafs would have lost their fanbase if not for Shanahan.

That being said, he is either soft with the core, or a scapegoat for fans because the board loves how much Nylander and Marner memorabilia sells.
I get it. I understand corporate entities and how they operate. MLSE board is happy with the money Shanny is making them with the Leafs. That's the problem. We are run as a business first, winning hockey team second. Shanny did some good in the beginning results wise, but overall he has been a colossal failure

Just replace Keefe with Berube for this season that just ended, do they win the series? Maybe, but this roster ain’t getting by Florida. No matter if it’s Berube or Keefe. Coaching is not the be all end all.
Everyone knows they need more than a coaching change. New voice, new personnel. I am all about continuity but after 8 years you gotta shake things up. Spinning our wheels every year

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
and I remember quite well a LOT of people didn't want to sign Hyman for the money that Edmonton signed him for.

edit: it was the term. my apologies. it was too early o clock. but my point still stands. people wer baulking at the contract in some form.
Hyman with 9 goals?! I know, McDavid, but F me. Matthews had only 1 (in 3.5 games), Marner had 1, JT had 1.

He had 5 goals in 32 games here... it always surprised me he escaped any blame just because he tries hard.

13 points in that time, a solid 33 points per 82 games.

He was hurt two playoffs. Was also a 30 goal pace man his last two seasons here without McDavid “bounce goals”. His game is built for the playoffs.

He is built for the playoffs... except when he played here he wasn't.

Are we now adjusting Matthews' numbers because he's been injured multiple times?

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Maybe Mitch meant 'gauds', as in gaudy things.

As Shakespeare said:

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin,
That all, with one accord, praise new-born gauds
Though they be made and molded of things past,
And give to dust, that is a little gilt
More laud than gilt, o'er-dusted."
I gotta say this is the first time ever I've seen Shakespeare quoted in a hockey board.

Kudos.

Boston scored 5 goals in game 1, 4 goals in game 3 & 3 goals in game 4. So no.
You wonder if people even watch the games before they comment.

Reactions: LeafSteel

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Hyman with 9 goals?! I know, McDavid, but F me. Matthews had only 1 (in 3.5 games), Marner had 1, JT had 1.
Get a proper shot from the point and see how much the Leaf PP improves and the point total jump.
Kuch- 53 PPP
Mac- 48 PPP
McD- 44 PPP
Panarin- PPP
The top 4 all have a Dman with more PPP than Matthews.
No more muffins from Mo and spin passes from Mitch!
Get a number one Dman or true PP qb.
Mitch isnt above anyone and is one his last year, time for him to take a backseat if he isn't willing to take a team friendly deal or plays hard ball.
Teams need new direction

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
and I remember quite well a LOT of people didn't want to sign Hyman for the money that Edmonton signed him for.

edit: it was the term. my apologies. it was too early o clock. but my point still stands. people wer baulking at the contract in some form.
Hyman has more desire, and intensity, to play hockey in his pinky finger than Marner has in his entire body.

All Marner has intensity for is BEING PAID big bucks for no to little return in the playoffs.

Hyman at 6M is a WAY BETTER option than Marner at 6m never mind 11M.

For his 100 regular season points, 8M surely should have been more than enough.

Fire Marner into the sun. California maybe?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Look at this toxic market. Players have statues outside the arena that never won the cup. All we want is a couple of deep playoff runs here and there. What a toxic market, am I right?
Statues make it 'toxic'?
IMO, this market doesn't seem 'toxic' at all.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Florida would beat us in 5 again, but the games would be more lopsided this time.

Statues make it 'toxic'?
IMO, this market doesn't seem 'toxic' at all.
He's being sarcastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad