Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
it's not that he needs another player to make him useful but more so he needs line mates that compliment his skill set just like Mathews needs them in the same way

Willie is more an individual player who can both create his own shot or make plays but not as well as AM/MM level at their individual strengths and that's why he can have more success even with poor line mates in the playoffs

the current leaf problems stem from when Dumbass took over , if you looked at that team and wanted to build a playoff type roster the last thing you would have targeted to add was finesses forwards/D and a 11m second line C
No doubt about that.
The thing is Leafs is at a point where changes need to happen. JT is one of them and MM is the other.
MM is a great player but Leafs can’t build around him unless one of AM and Willie is gone.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I know I can sleep like a baby if I make 8 figures a year.
I get that money cures all ills, but you have to have no soul to not put in the effort. ROR didn’t resign for a reason, and that reason is this team has no heart……..

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Can’t go wrong with Armando’s, Crusty’s, or Antonino’s
I’ve ate em all, all really good, spend a lot of time in Windsor a few years back doing geo technical work for the bridge, if I was tired and just wanted to get a pie for the hotel Gino’s on Huron Church was a pretty good alternative to going into town. Love the shredded pepperoni and Gaulti cheese……..

Reactions: ErnieLeafs

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I get that money cures all ills, but you have to have no soul to not put in the effort. ROR didn’t resign for a reason, and that reason is this team has no heart……..
It's painfully obvious that these guys just don't have the will to compete with the best.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I can assure you, absolutely nobody in Toronto looks at Mitch Marner like a god. Maybe Matthews or Nylander.

Right now, no… but for awhile he was mightily high up there .. even despite the playoff failure

Regardless his lack of humility and self accountability really showed. He could have acknowledged this and said at that level and his pay grade he needs to be better. That he owns a good share. If the team offense and PP issues as one of the team’s primary playmakers.

But he didn’t.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Let’s say Shanny is staying for another year but he only do PR and the business side of Hockey, who cares if he is the president.
The changes need to be with the players and stuff and not Shanny.

I really like what Ray Ferraro said on OD today. Spot on every single point.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
My guess: Keefe’s firing is announced tomorrow. The new coach hiring is announced Thursday. Shanny, Trev, and Pelley talk about it to the media Friday.

Gives them Wednesday to sort out the details.
God I hope not. Take some time and interview a few candidates

Reactions: ACC1224

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
Too bad no one can fire Rogers.

They put on below mediocre TV broadcasts with the highest budget compared to American networks, obviously going to have similar results running a high budget team...

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
What do you think the chances are that its all be pre arranged that Shanny steps down at the press conference? Like they give him a parachute instead of pushing him out of the plane.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Elliot said on his latest podcast he thinks MLSE wants to remove the president position altogether. He says it’s unnecessary and the GM should report directly to the big boss (Pelley). Shanny just adds another layer of management not needed.

Food for thought.

Edit: @1spector beat me to it. His tweet explains it better.

LMAO wasn't this what Dubas was pushing for? i.e. report directly to the boards/CEO; LOL hahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha :laugh:

Patience is a virtue eh? LMAO hahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahaha

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Too bad no one can fire Rogers.

They put on below mediocre TV broadcasts with the highest budget compared to American networks, obviously going to have similar results running a high budget team...
Rogers have recently said that they're going to make a bid for the next NHL TV contract.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
My guess: Keefe’s firing is announced tomorrow. The new coach hiring is announced Thursday. Shanny, Trev, and Pelley talk about it to the media Friday.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. It's hard to imagine how Keefe could be brought back.

BeaverTail

Oct 9, 2014
Steps on what to do with Marner:

1. On July 1st, ask him to sign at very substantial hometown discount without a full NMC (maybe 10 team trade list).
2. If that fails, ask him to give a list of 10 teams he would accept trade to now and if he does agree then trade him this offseason.
3. If he doesnt agree to waive NMC then have someone anonymously leak to the media that he both wouldnt take any hometown discount and also wouldnt waive his NMC.

Mitch cares too much about what the city and others think about him and the pressure on him/hatred would be too much and I think that he would accept a trade instead of likely getting frequent boos at home games.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Once and a while gods perform miracles. Still waiting for one Mitch.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Mitch Marner EOS Interview
  • On offensive challenges - credits Bruins for structure. Says it was hard around their net. Felt like they got much better later in the series getting to the net.
  • On contract extension - will start thinking about that in the next week. Hasn't thought about it yet. Just focused on playing and being in the moment.
  • On wanting to stay in Toronto - that's the goal. He loves this city and this team. Grew up here.
  • On what it means to be Maple Leaf - really appreciates the love they get from the fanbase. Fans treat players like gods here. We saw it with the Raps a few years ago for the love they get, and that's the love they want.
  • On what it means to come short - sucks. It's the same shitty pain. Never fun going home this early. Never gets easier.
  • On why the core deserves another chance - We know it's not easy to win a cup. All out war. Never going to get easier. Always a challenge, which builds adversity, and will only make us better.
  • On where the difference comes - trusting themselves. Trusting that they've been in this position and that they will get through it.

First thanks for doing the summary.

Second, WTF is Marner even talking about? He went to the net? WHEN? What an absolute JOKE this is

From what I remember it was Knies + 1st for Fleury + Hagel as the main part of the deal, vetoed by Shanahan

At least there is one good thing that Shanny did. Dubas was and still is an absolute JOKE of a hockey mind

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario

I would guess Keefe is fired before the presser but the new coach doesn't have to be hired. That would preempt all of the tough questions and awkward talking up of the lame duck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad