Locker clean-out and exit interview day

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Faceoffs are something that generally comes with age. If you're icing a team where your only veteran centre is Matt Stajan, you're going to struggle on faceoffs. As Monahan and Backlund mature, their faceoff numbers should rise.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Press conference over. My fingers are sore.

Appreciate it!

E3egaDz.gif

tJ0ZVhx.gif

nUyjAvZ.gif

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Ferland torn oblique in game 4 vs Vancouver, 4 to 6 weeks recovery, says it hurt most when he tried to hit. 8 screws 1 plate in Boumas shattered finger. Byron sports hernia injury, broken toe and one other injury I missed. Brodie severely sprained ankle last month of season. As per Steinberg on fan 960.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
David Jones ‏@djones5454 44m44 minutes ago
Thank you Flames fans! It was an honor to play in front of such an amazing crowd! #CofRed
Josh Jooris ‏@JJooris19 11m11 minutes ago
Privedged to play in front of such passionate fans this year! Thank you #CofRed for all your support!

Also there's audio available.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
-A lot of our key players are young players. That's the future of our team. Part of my job is to see and evaluate who in the roster could be core players going forward.

This to me signifies that he won't hesitate too much from making a move for a young player like an Oshie perhaps and using guys like Granlund if he doesn't think they are part of the core. Just that the moves will be age appropriate.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This to me signifies that he won't hesitate too much from making a move for a young player like an Oshie perhaps and using guys like Granlund if he doesn't think they are part of the core. Just that the moves will be age appropriate.

Agree. No teams are ever set in stone. I guarantee a good chunk of the young players we have right now either on the verge, or already playing, will be spread around the league in a few years time, whether it be waivers, FA, trades. It's the nature of the business and damn near anyone who isn't deemed a core player, are easily replaceable.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Oshie's 28, will be 29 at the end of the calendar year. Doesn't really qualify as young anymore.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Oshie's 28, will be 29 at the end of the calendar year. Doesn't really qualify as young anymore.

He still fits IMO. If we're going on a window with this specific group (Gio), than he lands in the same time frame as Gio, right in his prime, that would be a type of "compete now/start the clock" move though. Not saying we would get Oshie, or that he's out there, all hypothetical of course.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
He still fits IMO. If we're going on a window with this specific group (Gio), than he lands in the same time frame as Gio, right in his prime, that would be a type of "compete now/start the clock" move though. Not saying we would get Oshie, or that he's out there, all hypothetical of course.

Don't think that's possible; still too many missing pieces (defense and right wing) and two big core players (Bennett and Gaudreau) still cutting their teeth in the NHL. This team's window to win isn't based on Giordano's prime. Although he should still be an effective top pairing defensemen over the next three to four years.

Plus, it doesn't really fit in with what Treliving said in his end of the year conference - e.g. 'still climbing that mountain' and 'not deviating from the plan.' He was going hard after Tyler Myers and to some extent, Evander Kane; that's the age bracket I'd expect the team to continue to target, if it means giving quality prospects/picks.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Don't think that's possible; still too many missing pieces (defense and right wing) and two big core players (Bennett and Gaudreau) still cutting their teeth in the NHL. This team's window to win isn't based on Giordano's prime. Although he should still be an effective top pairing defensemen over the next three to four years.

Plus, it doesn't really fit in with what Treliving said in his end of the year conference - e.g. 'still climbing that mountain' and 'not deviating from the plan.' He was going hard after Tyler Myers and to some extent, Evander Kane; that's the age bracket I'd expect the team to continue to target, if it means giving quality prospects/picks.

I do 100% agree. I was just pointing out, if we did go after someone Oshie's age, that would be why. No doubt we stay the course though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad