Live 2024 Draft in Vegas - thread for Sharks Fans attending

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I don't exactly remember when it was, see the story above for why, but it was the tour when they played songs from every album in reverse release order going back in time

Incredible show, very emotional
That was the one. I was at that one as well - only time I ever saw Rush. Beginning of concert didn't do much for me as I didn't wasn't a fan of their albums in the 2000's, but from about Roll The Bones on, it was an awesome show. I was very thankful that my friend had an extra ticket and invited me to go along.

There are some bands that I wish I had seen when they were younger and still at the peak of their game, but wouldn't go see now when they should be getting off the stage. Rush got off at the right time.

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
That was the one. I was at that one as well - only time I ever saw Rush. Beginning of concert didn't do much for me as I didn't wasn't a fan of their albums in the 2000's, but from about Roll The Bones on, it was an awesome show. I was very thankful that my friend had an extra ticket and invited me to go along.

There are some bands that I wish I had seen when they were younger and still at the peak of their game, but wouldn't go see now when they should be getting off the stage. Rush got off at the right time.
That was also the only time I got to see them, unfortunately, but man did they kill it

I love most of the albums they put out, I agree that it falls off a bit after Roll The Bones but getting to see them for the first and only time and having the set wind backward into classic after classic made it so incredible, the Peggy Sue's drinks didn't hurt either, lol

The setlist is here:

I guess I WAS pretty far gone, I felt like they did more stuff from the 80s, no representation from Power Windows or Hold Your Fire whatsoever, but seeing Distant Early Warning, Natural Science, Jacob's Ladder, both books of Cygnus X-1 and Xanadu had me losing my mind, what a special band

Reactions: Star Platinum

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away

Rush didn’t get off, sadly, Neil Peart passed. Those guys were amazing from day one to the last.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Paging all mixologists out there...we need a signature Celebrini drink so that when he's drafted, there's something we can all toast with. I know little of these arts... Perhaps a martini (for Celebrini) with blue curacao (teal color)?
Last night I had a cocktail featuring celery-infused tequila. Celery, Celebrini?

Celery-infused martini? Look, it may not sound great, but don't knock it until you try it!

• Wow

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Rush didn’t get off, sadly, Neil Peart passed. Those guys were amazing from day one to the last.
Two of the three were talking retirement even before the last tour happened. I read Geddy Lee's book (which got repetitive honestly after a certain point if I'm being honest), but one interesting thing from the book is that after that last tour, he was still holding out hope that maybe after some rest, Peart might reconsider and want to do something, but he was resenting that it was over. Then Peart got his diagnosis and that was that. He survived three and a half years past that.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
So the event begins at 4:00PM so not sure if pregaming is doable, but for all those coming in, do you have a schedule yet? Would be a waste not to use this opportunity for a good ol fashioned meet-up/Hodge roast.
I couldn’t swing going there, as much as I wanted to. My son and I will be going to the Tank to watch and enjoy.
All those going to Vegas, have fun, be safe and by this time next week: Macklin Celebrini, San Jose Shark.

That sounds so nice.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006

I was lucky enough to see Rush on their Counterparts tour in 1994 albeit in the Sports Arena in San Diego (not a great venue).

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
So the event begins at 4:00PM so not sure if pregaming is doable, but for all those coming in, do you have a schedule yet? Would be a waste not to use this opportunity for a good ol fashioned meet-up/Hodge roast.
I fly in on Thursday. I’m staying at Hilton Polo towers and planning to walk to the Sphere. I’m up for meeting for a drink or whatever before the draft.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
My wife and I are going to land early afternoon, get lunch, and then go straight to the draft, but I think it opens at 4 yet not sure when the show starts. We could meet up in the venue before the actual draft starts, meet up after in the venue? We've also got dinner plans so the next meet up option we could make is the after dinner drinks option.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
My wife and I are going to land early afternoon, get lunch, and then go straight to the draft, but I think it opens at 4 yet not sure when the show starts. We could meet up in the venue before the actual draft starts, meet up after in the venue? We've also got dinner plans so the next meet up option we could make is the after dinner drinks option.
Where’s your dinner?

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Cool. Just a heads-up, that's not as short a walk as you think and it's gonna be in the 100s.
One time in Vegas, my wife and I were staying way down the Strip at one of the older Vegas hotels (the Stardust? Long since torn down) and took a look at the map and thought we'd walk to wherever it was we were going (might have been the MGM). Weather wasn't even particularly hot that day, but one of the longest walks of my life and biggest regret decisions ever.

We took the trolley the rest of the time there.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
One time in Vegas, my wife and I were staying way down the Strip at one of the older Vegas hotels (the Stardust? Long since torn down) and took a look at the map and thought we'd walk to wherever it was we were going (might have been the MGM). Weather wasn't even particularly hot that day, but one of the longest walks of my life and biggest regret decisions ever.

We took the trolley the rest of the time there.
There are many options to get around, including Uber, buses, and monorail. I would not recommend walking around when it’s over 100 degrees outside. Everything appears closer than it is. That’s the illusion of Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad