Value of: Lindholm to Washington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
A team I wonder about for Lindholm is Washington.

They're off to a 9-4 start, in the mix in the Metro, just got word that Backstrom is out indefintely. They have 7.2 in cap space (due to LTIR). They have Mantha's 5.4 and Pacioretty's 2m coming off the books after this season, along with other smaller deals to free up money to offer an extension if it works out.

They may be wanting to get younger but they're also watching their rivals in Pittsburgh adding veteran pieces to run with their dogs, so who knows.

They have the pieces to make it interesting, a very interesting and surprisingly deep prospect pool and 3 second round picks next year.

Which combination of prospect/picks would it take ? The more NHL ready the better for Conroy IMO even if it means a lower ceiling overall.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don't love the fit with Lindholm in Washington. At face value it makes some sense but they're not good enough to get him as a rental and I think he blocks some of their youth if they sign him long term. Connor McMichael is proving to be a very capable 2C and I suppose they could just make him (CMM) 3C but I think they should focus on finding another tip six winger or two if they were going to make additions. Also not stoked on the idea of giving a guy a huge contract extension when he'll be 29 before next season starts. The guy I'd want to discuss from Calgary is Mangiapane.

Counterproposal: Kuznetsov to Calgary for some gatorade and a bag of pucks.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If the goal is to get Ovechkin the goal scoring record, then, it perhaps Huberdeau would be a better fit.

Not that I would expect Caps fans to want that contract but they have the cap dumps to make it work. But then again, I can't see the Flames being interested in Kuznetsov whatsoever so eh

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Less than zero interest in Huberdeau and Lindholm doesn't really fit here. Capitals are looking for players younger than him and not really aging UFA's hoping for a retirement contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad