Proposal: Lindholm and Stolarz to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Toronto receives:
Hampus Lindholm - 5.206 (UFA)
Anthony Stolarz - 0.950 (1yr left)
2022 5th Round Pick (TOR)

Anaheim receives:
2022 2nd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
Mikhail Abramov - ELC
Travis Dermott - 1.500 (1yr left - RFA)
Petr Mrazek - 3.800 (2yrs left)

Notes:
- Dubas did say he's not trading this year's first for a rental. Well, Stolarz isn't a rental, and it's next year's 1st ;)
- Cap difference is 0.856, which the Leafs can afford.
- Mikhail Abramov ranks ~10th in the Leafs prospect pool.
- I am not a Leafs fan, so don't blame them for yet another Leafs thread.

Revision:
Replace Abramov with a B- prospect (idk who - maybe Hirvonen??) and take out the 5th.

Last edited:

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Downtown Stephen Brown suggested this. Lindholm would be awesome but what kind of extension price is he looking for?

I'd say he makes more sense if we're phasing out Muzzin because he's better on the left.

Not going to get good value for Abe right now and it would be classless to trade him while he's unwell....so that's not a thing.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Not terrible, but I think Anaheim could get a better package for Lindholm (ie first & good prospect)

Especially if the rumors are true and he's open to discussing an extension with potential suitors

Not sure they'd want to take on Mrazek either, Dostal might be close

From a Toronto POV, they're strongest on the left side, Lindholm likely is a pure rental and Stolarz isn't necessarily an upgrade over what they have (though personally I think he deserves a shot at maybe starting somewhere)

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Toronto receives:

Anaheim receives:
2022 2nd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
Mikhail Abramov - ELC
Petr Mrazek - 3.800 (1yr left)

Notes:
- Dubas did say he's not trading this year's first for a rental. Well, Stolarz isn't a rental, and it's next year's 1st ;)

Don't see why Toronto would trade next year's first for a rental that you have absolutely no chance at resigning.

That being said, if Dubas is indeed prepared to trade a 1st for a full-fledged rental, I'd imagine this deal, with the 1sts and 2nd swapped (1st this year, 2nd next year) would probably be something worth doing from Toronto's perspective.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Downtown Stephen Brown suggested this. Lindholm would be awesome but what kind of extension price is he looking for?

I'd say he makes more sense if we're phasing out Muzzin because he's better on the left.

Not going to get good value for Abe right now and it would be classless to trade him while he's unwell....so that's not a thing.
My bad. Didnt know he wasn't healthy. Swap in an equivalent prospect in that case.

Reactions: BlueBaron

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

Muzzin or no Muzzin, I don't think a Lindholm extension is in the cards for Toronto. He's going to command a contract in the Rielly-range. Leafs simply don't have the space for that even if you assume Muzzin is out.

IMO, Leafs should be looking to move Muzzin in the offseason, and bring back a $4-5m defenceman to replace him.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Muzzin or no Muzzin, I don't think a Lindholm extension is in the cards for Toronto. He's going to command a contract in the Rielly-range. Leafs simply don't have the space for that even if you assume Muzzin is out.

IMO, Leafs should be looking to move Muzzin in the offseason, and bring back a $4-5m defenceman to replace him.
Someone with a few less miles.

Yeah I was thinking Lindholm had to be 6+.

If we're just going rental Gio might make more sense.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto receives:

Anaheim receives:
2022 2nd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
Mikhail Abramov - ELC

Notes:

As a Leaf fan, I'd be very happy with this deal (which makes me think it probably skews for the Leafs a little).

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
lindholm can get a 1st+ by himself. why would the ducks take on mrazeks garbage contract? dermott is nothing special (I know leaf fans think he's worth so much based on the names I've heard from them on potential returns but every team has bottom pairing d-man). abramov is also a nothing prospect (common c prospect)

so lindholm for a 1st/2nd and garbage including a $4 mil dump. easy no for the ducks

Last edited:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Proportionately more than the Manson return IMO, and Stolarz valued similar to what Leafs paid for Campbell which seems more than fair.

Campbell and Clifford got two 3rds. Each being about as valuable as each other at the time. Stolarz getting a 3rd is close to that. a 2nd is definitely more though.

The way I see it (which you may fairly disagree with):
Lindholm is worth ~1st + B prospect
1st + Dermott + C prospect is about that.

Stolarz is worth ~3rd.
Upgrade the 3rd to a 2nd for taking Mrazek

There's some wiggle room here, but that's the foundation of my proposal. Seems like the Leafs could pay a better prospect to even it out maybe. The 5th rounder is somewhat of a throw in because Toronto has almost no picks this year. Take that out too I guess.

Revision:
Replace Abramov with a B- prospect (idk who - maybe Hirvonen??) and take out the 5th. That's fair IMO, given the comments. But that's just my personal opinion of course.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Toronto receives:

Anaheim receives:
2022 2nd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
Mikhail Abramov - ELC

Notes:

Revision:
Replace Abramov with a B- prospect (idk who - maybe Hirvonen??) and take out the 5th.
Toronto needs to make impact trade at deadline with their goaltending not getting close to Cup. But I don't know what it is?

Likely trade core player for good goalie? Under long term control that is. A secondary move probably pick up a Kulak for 3rd round pick. A depth defenseman but can play regular shift.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Campbell and Clifford got two 3rds. Each being about as valuable as each other at the time. Stolarz getting a 3rd is close to that. a 2nd is definitely more though.

Stolarz is worth ~3rd.

There's some wiggle room here, but that's the foundation of my proposal. Seems like the Leafs could pay a better prospect to even it out maybe. The 5th rounder is somewhat of a throw in because Toronto has almost no picks this year. Take that out too I guess.

Revision:
Replace Abramov with a B- prospect (idk who - maybe Hirvonen??) and take out the 5th. That's fair IMO, given the comments. But that's just my personal opinion of course.

Your suggested value on Lindholm is too close to what Manson just returned. One is #1/2 D and the other a #4, it should cost notably more.

For some reason I thought it was a 2nd + 3rd for Campbell (the other two pieces were pretty much zero value and therefore a wash). Now I see it was two thirds, so drop Villeneuve and just make it a 2nd + Hutch for Stolarz.

Anaheim could use someone like Hutch to fill the depth chart for the rest of this year but convincing them to take Mrazek might be a tall order. The Ducks have a top notch young goalie (Dostal) ready to step in to more NHL time behind Gibson and don't need to tie up all that money in another backup without serious incentive.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Stolarz is worth ~3rd.

Revision:
Price for taking on Mrazek has gotta be a lot higher than that. Maybe Robertson as the prospect moves that needle a bit but I dunno.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Toronto receives:

Anaheim receives:
2022 2nd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
Mikhail Abramov - ELC

Notes:

Revision:
Mrazek has 2 years left… and that’s not a positive factor for the Ducks. That’s a “1st +” value cap dump in itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad