Value of: Lindberg+Fast

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
What would teams give up for Fast and Lindberg in a 2 for 1 deal? Both are solid third liners or great 4th liners, depending on your depth. They are defense-first, almost never make mistakes in any zone, but lack the shot or the killer instict to score enough to justify a top-6 role.

They have a COMBINED salary of $1.8 and are only 25 years old.

I'd like to get a good middle-6 guy.

Why the Rangers do it? After their top-6 (Zuccarello, Nash, Stepan, Miller, Kreider, Zibanejad), they need 6 forwards plus a spare.

1. Hayes got 81 points his first 2 seasons, so he is playing.

2/3. Vesey and Buchnevich are going to be top-9 forwards, if not immediately, then certainly before Christmas.

4/5/6/7: Grabner, Jooris, Perri, Gerbe: all can play in the bottom 6

8. Glass will play at least some games, presumably when Mcilrath is injured or another RD is injured and they Rangers can't afford to have him sit in the penalty box for 5 minutes.

9. Hrivik: all Ranger fans agreed he can play in the NHLfull time when he got called up last year. He looked good in the AHL too.

10. If the Rangers do a 2 for 1, that player is added here.

So why Lindberg and Fast, not others? Because they have by far the most trade value than the vets, and nobody is trading Buchnevich or Vesey right now.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
What are Rangers needs?

Ville Pokka maybe for both? I like both Lindberg and Fast though so I would add a pick, like 4th.

Oh, that middle-6 was hidden.

Last edited:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
why would you trade 2 great bottom 6'ers for a "middle 6" when you already have a stacked forward core w/ Zuccarello, Nash, Hayes, Stepan, Miller, Kreider, Zibanejad, Vesey, Buchnevich (thats easily the best top 9 forward group in the NHL)? gotta give all those guys somewhat balanced minutes. that forward core is something out of like NHL 16, i dont think ive ever seen a top 9 that stacked (then you add Fast and Lindberg and it gets even more disgusting).

having 2 defensively responsible 3rd liners (i consider both those Lindberg and Fast as 3rd liners) adds great depth to your lineup.

keep those pieces and upgrade your defense by moving some of your top 6 players

Last edited:

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
I doubt Rangers do this since they lack overall prospect depth, even if they did, the return would not be that good since most teams do not value quantity before quality.

But for the sake of this thread, maybe they could make a case for Evander Kane.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
why would you trade 2 great bottom 6'ers for a "middle 6" when you already have a stacked forward core w/ Zuccarello, Nash, Stepan, Miller, Kreider, Zibanejad, Vesey, Buchnevich? gotta give all those guys somewhat balanced minutes.

having 2 defensively responsible 3rd liners (i consider both those guys as 3rd liners) adds great depth to your lineup.

keep those pieces and upgrade your defense by moving some of your top 6 players

We have 18 forwards on this roster right now + Lapierre on a PTO. Somebody has to go.

Kreider, Hayes, and Miller all just got new contracts. Zibanejad, Vesey, and Buchnevich obviously aren't going anywhere. Stepan isn't someone you trade at this point. That leaves Nash and Zuccarello. With Nash's value not being where it should right now. Zuccarello makes the most sense but we have to be absolutely sure of what direction we're going in before we do this.

I doubt Rangers do this since they lack overall prospect depth, even if they did, the return would not be that good since most teams do not value quantity before quality.

Not taking on 3 million in salary for Kane. Unless they want Marc Staal for some laughable reason.

What are Rangers needs?

Ville Pokka maybe for both? I like both Lindberg and Fast though so I would add a pick, like 4th.

No no, we need defensemen a lot more than middle 6'ers.

Don't want to move both for Pokka. I like him though. Lindberg + something small I'd listen to.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Not too sure the Oilers have much need for Lindberg, Fast though, we'll take him.
What would you want for these two?

I really see this as a huge step back for the Rangers to get rid of those two for a middle 6 forward.
They have a roll and Fast is worth more than you give him credit for. Lindberg had a great start last year and I'm sure Ranger fans wouldn't want to part with him so soon.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Why would a team give up a middle-6 forward for two bottom-6 forwards who aren't waiver-exempt, one of which is coming off of hip surgery and will miss the beginning of the season? Salary dump is the only answer I can think of, in which case the Rangers aren't players in that trade.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

We always talk about guys with negative value.......I think the one guy in the league who actually has negative value at this point is Evander Kane. I could see a Marc Staal for Evander Kane deal but the Rangers already have a lot of bodies on offense. They don't need to move two young defensively responsibly bottom 6 players.

Lindberg was playing on the second line the beginning of last year and was thriving for a bit. I could see one of these guys as an add in to a Staal or Nash deal for a RHD.......and actually considering the Rangers needs, I would think they would be making a move for a RHD and not a middle 6 player if they make a move at all.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

If that case involved sending Marc Staal the other way, sure. Otherwise I want nothing to do with that kid.

NateB19

Feb 25, 2016
Im not familiar with Fast's game, any one have a scouting report?

Probably the Rangers most responsible and smartest forward. Won't see him score more than 40-45 points in a season through his career and even that might be a reach but he's very impressive defensively imo. I think he has the potential to be a ~40 PPS 3rd line player and play big PK minutes.

Deadweight

Apr 20, 2014
New York, NY
oh no the rangers have young kids that are good. they better get rid of them for a over the hill expiring ex superstar. maybe they should look into the sedins

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
oh no the rangers have young kids that are good. they better get rid of them for a over the hill expiring ex superstar. maybe they should look into the sedins

And while we're at, why don't we pluck Milbury off the NBC Broadcasts and have him re-claim the Isles GM position and trade away Tavares for Joe Thornton, since we're going back to the early 2000's and what not.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
And while we're at, why don't we pluck Milbury off the NBC Broadcasts and have him re-claim the Isles GM position and trade away Tavares for Joe Thornton, since we're going back to the early 2000's and what not.

You are giving Milbury way too much credit for getting Thornton, I'd expect more of a Phanuef for Tavares type move.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
What are Rangers needs?

Hell ****ing yeah I'd do it.

That's a premium but damn get me that RHD. Very fair, contender level deal by CHI.

They have

Keith-Seabrook
Cambell-Hjarl
Forsling/Kempny-TVR

That's enough to win again, but the bottom six is depleted.

$1.5 for a third line with Kruger there, and all good PKers slots CHI in the perfect roles up front.

They're deep again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad